Which OC to replace R41?

I bought an R41 head the other day from Amazon for £19 which I thought was a very good price. Maybe it's too good !??
It's advertised as an original Muhle so I'm hoping that's what arrives and not some clone.
Are there any distinctive marks or design features that would identify an original head vs a clone ?
If you buy from Amazon there’s a good chance it will be a clone

Flatboy. Yes, that’s right. Flat. Not fat.

Brass heads, stainless handles. Come with sign stating, “Mind the gap.” Louder than a neon Hawaiian shirt with more feedback than Prime Minister’s question time. Allegedly.

They look great but I’m too scared. Pussy.

Handle looks slicker than eel poo!

Hope you like it, I guess. :unsure:
I’ve heard it’s pretty good round the cut rings but och man, I’m a gairdner and a good grip comes as standard. Besides, I’ve one or three other options lying about.

The rolling cycle rolls again, and it's the turn of the Flatboy for the next three days.

After not using it for quite a while, it takes a stroke or three to get back into using the best angle, but once that's achieved, it delivers a
perfect, if unadventurous shave.

I have a Rapira Platinum Lux blade in it, and the rasping noise this razor makes is something else. It's not a problem, except that unlike most other razors, the sound doesn't diminish as whiskers reduce. I find that sound often tells me how well a razor is shaving, but not with this, as it barely changes from the start to end of the session.

The rolling cycle rolls again, and it's the turn of the Flatboy for the next three days.

After not using it for quite a while, it takes a stroke or three to get back into using the best angle, but once that's achieved, it delivers a
perfect, if unadventurous shave.

I have a Rapira Platinum Lux blade in it, and the rasping noise this razor makes is something else. It's not a problem, except that unlike most other razors, the sound doesn't diminish as whiskers reduce. I find that sound often tells me how well a razor is shaving, but not with this, as it barely changes from the start to end of the session.
Flatboy?

This?

flatboy1-jpg.1450699

Yes, that's the boy. As flat as my old dutch's Shrove Tuesday pancakes. There is no bend downwards at the blade edges, as it is sandwiched more or less flat between baseplate and top cap.

The handle is stainless, and there is a knurled version as well as that illustrated here. Instead of the plain brass head, the UK vendor was offering the razor with a chromed head, at additional cost, but that option seems to have disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom