Which modern razors do you think will be collectable classics in the future ?

Just wanted to add to my collection and would like your opinions on collectable modern razors that you think will be future classics and very sought after in the near future .
Just to add I apriciate all opinions and gather everybody has their own views but I'm very interested in what you all say thanks Ian
Hello,

Form or function? My first DE razor that I enjoyed using was the Merkur 34c. I love the ATT razors, as to my mind they take the 34C building on its design and functionality. I love the high quality look and the solid feel of the ATT and the audible sound that you can get when you hit the sweet spot with the cutting angle. It also shaves, for me very well and I like the modular aspect where you can mix and match base plates etc.

At the moment, I love the Mule Rocca R96, it is a beautiful looking razor: simple and elegant. As much as I like the way it looks, its function is the main aspect for me: it shaves very efficiently and is a pleasure to use, with (and I appreciate that YMMV) excellent results - great shaves with no razor burns (yet).

At the moment, I feel the Rocca is going to be a classic.

All the best.

Greetings

Anything that is produced in limited numbers for whatever reason. By this I do not necessarily mean a razor that is/was a great shaver but a razor that achieved a reputation it's day for good or bad reasons and became scarce quite quickly e.g. Weber razors, Muhle R41 2011 model

I strongly suspect that if Tom never goes into production with his Bunny injector or he makes a very limited quantity of them they will become one of the most sort after razors in years to come and they are by all accounts superb shavers as well as being very thin on the ground.

A good example of a highly collectable razor because of it's short one year production run is the Schick F model, in the case of that razor it was, as many of us know, the shortage of aluminium at the time (1941) and the severe government restrictions placed on it's use for non military purposes.

Regards
Dick.

That's the odd thing about collecting and keeping any object in pristine condition. All you are doing is going to a lot of effort so someone else can enjoy it in the future

reminds me of a matchbox car I bought from ebay from the early 70's. it was still sealed in the packaging as was just like the one I had as a kid. It was part of one mans collection that was now being sold off by his family after his death. when I got it I opened it and gave it to my son to play with
Well done you, toy's are to be played with and razor's are to be used and enjoyed for what they are....imho :)

The Kickstarter Blackland Blackbird in the wooden case with both handle sizes, and the matching razor/brush stand.

I've had several offers already.

Others are:
The Razorock Black Mamba
Any Tradere razor, but especially the open comb
Wolfman razors

Back
Top Bottom