Which is THE Creed frag?

I've got the hots for Creed Royal Oud real bad but before I spend the money - and as a delaying tactic - which is the best Creed for your buck?

I'm heavily into oud, aoud, aoudh, oudh and woody notes so a step or two away from them might go down well.

Vinny, you said collecting frags doesn't have to be expensive. Would you expand on that assertion, please? Clearly, I don't have the knack!

I've never really been 'into' Creed.

I bought Original Vetiver about 5 years ago but when I smelled Muggler Cologne I realised the Creed was a (very) expensive knock-off and was very disappointed.

Anyway, a few years before I bought OV and before eBay clamped down on 'decants' I bought about 25 Creed samples from a chap in America.

Lots of them were very 'samey' with an underlying note which I've since discovered is ambergris but which I didn't and still don't like very much.

By far, my favourite was Cuir De Russie. In fact it is possibly the very best fragrance I have ever sampled. Citrus opening with a very smokey / leather dry down. Unfortunately Creed (in their wisdom) decided to withdraw all bottles and only sell it through their Paris boutique in the very week that I was going to buy a 250ml jar of it.

Anyway ... getting side-tracked. Others that I liked were the non-mainstream ones like Acier Aluminium and Orange Spice (which Kouros was an absolute copy of).

As far as the 'modern' stuff goes.

Meh.

There are much better fragrances out there, without the hype, without the price tag and without the pretence of Creed and I personally wouldn't thank someone for a bottle of anything released after 1960.

Having said that, I don't see eye-to-eye with many on here regarding the cost / value of things ... like the all stainless steel razors ... so I wouldn't take much notice of what I say :)

As for the 'not expensive' bit. Once you've found 'the one' (in my case, in lieu of Cuir De Russie, this is HdP 1740) then you don't need to buy another bottle of anything else ever again.

Sorry Carl, that might have come across as a bit of a 'rant'.

I have tried the Royal Oud at John Lewis' and it wasn't too bad but I'm not really into the oud thing so it really might be one of those that ticks your boxes.

This has got to be the most subjective aspect of men's grooming and one man's meat etc.

Doesn't help that its pot luck with regards to getting the same scent twice when you come to restock:icon_rolleyes:

Every time i walk into John Lewis i head straight for the Creed section and every time walk away unimpressed. As Vinny mentioned above, i've had OV and when i wanted to replace it i settled for Muggler Cologne instead.

I'll also add to the recommendation for HdP's 1740 as well as Ambre 114, these will be my new year treats. 1725 might just get on there as well.

But as mentioned, one man's wine and all that.

I love Creed and I've tried quite a few, and there are two definitely on my want list, the Neroli sauvage I absolutely love neroli one of my alltime favourite scents, another Creed scent on my wanted list is Tabarome, you can buy the Creed Tabarome for around £120 for 125ml, from cheapsmells.com

Jamie

Bechet45 said:
I've got the hots for Creed Royal Oud real bad but before I spend the money - and as a delaying tactic - which is the best Creed for your buck?

I'm heavily into oud, aoud, aoudh, oudh and woody notes so a step or two away from them might go down well.

What's doin Carl,

Can't say for sure how many Creed frags I've huffed.....maybe 15-20 or so seems about right. Almost all of em weren't something especially wonderful to my nose, but a few hit me juuuust right. Heh, one of those is the Royal Oud. Whew doggies........thet's some purty smellin stuff! I've sniffed a few Montale Oud versions but they didn't grab me like the Creed does.

You might also try the Creed Santal Imperial for an understated yet luscious sandalwood experience.

One last frag I'd suggest is the Original Cologne........very nice.

Yeah, the Royal Oud is very expensive, but it will last you quite a long while.

Martin

Damned enablers! I just bought an iKon OC coated and now you're warming me up to Royal Oud again. I can only spend my Winter Fuel Payment so many times, you know!

I know where to get Royal Oud for £127 for 75ml - and I have an £8 voucher from them.

John Lewis first. John Lewis first! Hm! £80-odd for the iKon, £119 for the Creed equals one Winter Fuel Payment (they force me to take it!)

Bechet45 said:
Damned enablers! I just bought an iKon OC coated and now you're warming me up to Royal Oud again.

First time I sniffed that juice I was pretty much hooked. Gotta be one of the classiest scents I can recall running into over the years.

Lasts 12 hours on my skin with a great drydown. That price you found sounds good.

There you go buddy!

thanks jamie. bought santal off ebay and it arrived box a little tatty with no cellophane wrapping despite it being listed as 'new in original packaging'. im half thinking the seller filled the bottle with mont blanc individuel and sold it as creed santal. Mmmm anyway....

Back
Top Bottom