Which blades are deemed very sharp?

I also like the Gillette super thins, I dont see a massive difference between those and the feather, but the feather is just a bit sharper, on the plus side of things I would say the gillette super thins may give you a extra one or two shaves more.

Jamie

I used to use Feather blades until quite recently. Yes, they are fearsomely sharp, but for my money at least they lose their edge quite quickly. I was getting 3 shaves at the very most from them.
I now use either Green 7 o'clocks or Astra SP. The Gillette is not quite as sharp but the edge lasts longer - getting 4+ shaves from each blade.

Agree totally. Can't really knock the blue (Stainless) Astras either - might not last as long as the green Astra but just as sharp in my opinion.
I also find Rapira to be very sharp but they seem to suit some razors better than others in my experience. This is offset by their very low price so I have a large stock!

Oh and if you can find them the sadly discontinued Astra Keramiks. I usually get 4 shaves at best from a decent blade like those above (not the Feathers sadly) but I've finished my fifth shave with one of these and looks like it'll still be good for a sixth. So these are sharp and last!!!

Back
Top Bottom