Where to start SEing...

Morning all, I am new here.
I have been DE shaving for a while now. I just shaved with an English made 1912 I picked up for a couple of quid at an antique/ flea market. Bought the blades from Connaught. It's the closest shave I have ever had. After one shave I think I am a convert. I urge everybody to try one.

;)

Fun
Morning all, I am new here.
I have been DE shaving for a while now. I just shaved with an English made 1912 I picked up for a couple of quid at an antique/ flea market. Bought the blades from Connaught. It's the closest shave I have ever had. After one shave I think I am a convert. I urge everybody to try one.

Funny you should mention that. I took possession of exactly the same razor yesterday, sent to me in pristine condition by a member of this forum. I shimmed it up as recommended by @Fergiebilly and gave it a go with some Proraso menthol pre-shave and Proraso green.

Took a while to get the angles right, but a really striking shave. I'm looking forward to more of the same.

Fun

Funny you should mention that. I took possession of exactly the same razor yesterday, sent to me in pristine condition by a member of this forum. I shimmed it up as recommended by @Fergiebilly and gave it a go with some Proraso menthol pre-shave and Proraso green.

Took a while to get the angles right, but a really striking shave. I'm looking forward to more of the same.
Spot On..The Angle is More Flatter Towards the Face with the Shim..That's the Same with the Original Stropping Blades as Well..:)

Billy

Spot On..The Angle is More Flatter Towards the Face with the Shim..That's the Same with the Original Stropping Blades as Well..:)

Billy

I'm now 4 or 5 shaves into SE. My only complaint so far is that the shaves I am getting are so close that I could almost get away with shaving every second day. Very smooth, and I find the 1912 to be a very user friendly razor - okay, it's a slight challenge under the nose due to its shape, but with some familiarity in hand, I find it less likely to produce nicks and weepers than many DE razors.

It's one of the great value propositions in wet shaving. These razors are cheap, Billy's advice on the shim is free, and the results are, for me at least, outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom