Where to get Bluebird Blades?

Hi all

As being pretty new to the DE world I am well aware that changing your setup can cause problems. when I got my fist kit I said to myself I would settle in with astra blades as they were pretty easy to grab hold of. When I originally bought my razor it come with a pack of 5 bluebirds to get you going. I used 2 of these blades before my astra blades arrived to which I swapped over.

I have now had around 12 shaves with the Astra's and I have been getting quite a bit of razor burn and irritation which is something I have not had before. I swapped over to my bluebird for the last couple of shaves as a test and the irritation has eased to the point of no more, I do find the bluebirds a closer shave too.

The only problem is now is where do I find bluebird blades! I have searched my usual avenues but not having much luck, all the bluebird blades I can find tend to be in the sample packs. If anyone knows a supplier then it would be great, or if anyone has a secret sash anywhere then I do have 20 astra's for a straight swap if interested.

Pm me your address and I'll send you some American Personna and some Russian Rapira blades to try. I' m willing to bet they will be better than your Bluebirds and they are not expensive either.

Only place I know for bluebeards blades are shaving shack but there damned expensive. I'd go with the above offer as there mighty fine blades. Is it blue or green astray you have tried as I don't get on do well with the blues but the greens are grand

As far as I know these are Turkish made and I wouldn't be all that surprise if these are re-branded Derby's.
I mean, how many other blades make exactly the same claim: chromium-Ceramic-Platinum-Tungsten and..Polymer coated blades? only Derby and BlueBird! both come from Turkey who as far as I know only sports one or two places making DE blades.

Try a Derby Extra blade and see how it's shaving, I think it's a very nice smooth blade in a R41 or Slant ,most here don't.

Shemen Zait said:
As far as I know these are Turkish made and I wouldn't be all that surprise if these are re-branded Derby's.
I mean, how many other blades make exactly the same claim: chromium-Ceramic-Platinum-Tungsten and..Polymer coated blades? only Derby and BlueBird! both come from Turkey who as far as I know only sports one or two places making DE blades.

Try a Derby Extra blade and see how it's shaving, I think it's a very nice smooth blade in a R41 or Slant ,most here don't.

ive tried both and find them similar, and i like them both. derbys get a bad rep but i find them a very good blade.

Thanks all

@Uncle Bertie - Thanks for the offer, but before I take you up on it can I just ask a quick question - Are American Personna and/or Russian Rapira easy enough to get hold of if I get on with them?

@Brianpilman - These are Bluebird blades not Bluebeard! Sound very similar though :icon_lol:

To those who have mentioned Derby blades, I have thought trying a pack of blades but I have also heard that these blades can be bad for irritation, then again, I guess everyone is different!

Cheers

OldPerculier said:
Thanks all

@Uncle Bertie - Thanks for the offer, but before I take you up on it can I just ask a quick question - Are American Personna and/or Russian Rapira easy enough to get hold of if I get on with them?

@Brianpilman - These are Bluebird blades not Bluebeard! Sound very similar though :icon_lol:

To those who have mentioned Derby blades, I have thought trying a pack of blades but I have also heard that these blades can be bad for irritation, then again, I guess everyone is different!

Cheers

I have loads of Personna Platinum Chrome blades. Happy to send a pack your way to try!

Thanks for the offer Glen_Lee, much appreciated, but Uncle Bertie has beat you to it and has already sent me some Personna blades alongside some Rapira blades to try. I havnt got round to testing a Personna blades as yet, but the Rapira are a sure good shave!

I think I've still got 90 of these bluebird blades somewhere in my den. I'll find out how much they cost and let you know via PM if you are still interests?

Thanks Unmar, but I have now got 100 Rapira Sueprsteels travelling to me all the way from the Russian Federation! If I had known a week ago I would have taken you up on the offer.

Much appreciated though. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom