where to find St James "Cedarwood & Clarysage" shaving cream

I bought what you seek from Creightons, however when browsing thru their site I can't find the shaving cream only this. http://www.beautyatcreightons.com/engine/shop/product/SJ7006/St+James+of+London+50ml+Post+Shave+Cologne+Cedarwood+%26+Clarysage

Aseer, the Cedarwood and Clarysage is a good cream and certainly worth trying in its own right, but it doesn't smell much like Terre d'Hermès to my nose. It's a much woodier scent really; though, as I think about it, it would probably compliment Td'H very nicely.

thank u guys for the comments; I will try to go to Waitros and hopefully I get it there

I tried Windsor and OMG love it; Td'H little brother :)

which do u prefere Steve, Windsor soap or cream? what's the difference scentwise and otherwise :) performance

aseer_al3youn said:
thank u guys for the comments; I will try to go to Waitros and hopefully I get it there

which do u prefere Steve, Windsor soap or cream? what's the difference scentwise and otherwise :) performance

There is some debate on the lack of scent in the Windsor soap but the one I have seems to smell quite strong but perhaps it was a lucky batch. I have tried the Marlborough in a tub and their Almond in the tube. The Marlborough didnt give me a good shave but the almond in a tube did. So really I couldnt vouch for their Windsor shaving cream, but I would guess its got a stronger scent. I have the Windsor EDT as well. It was only having a smell of TDH that I thought it smelt like Windsor! TDH did come first though.

I guess I'll end up buying both; I'm leaving the UK and won't get a chance to make it up; based on sniffying the stuff and not using them (Arlington, Encol...., Marlborough and Windsor), Windsor is the best; I just love it; or truely I love it because it reminds me of TdH

What other soaps/creams do u recommend?

Trumpers creams are nice an Taylors are as well and Truefitt & Hill varying scents and prices but all nice creams. Depends where your going to, if its somewhere with nice soft water you could try Mitchells Wool Fat.

fly3k said:
aseer_al3youn said:

There is some debate on the lack of scent in the Windsor soap but the one I have seems to smell quite strong but perhaps it was a lucky batch. I have tried the Marlborough in a tub and their Almond in the tube. The Marlborough didnt give me a good shave but the almond in a tube did. So really I couldnt vouch for their Windsor shaving cream, but I would guess its got a stronger scent. I have the Windsor EDT as well. It was only having a smell of TDH that I thought it smelt like Windsor! TDH did come first though.

I tried Windso cream the other day and wasnt impressed by the strength of the scent not its lubrication; good one but there are better choices out there; French vetiver (the best I got) Sienna and TOBS sandalwood

In response to the original post, the St James lather shave cream is now back in stock on the 'Beauty At Creightons' website. Supply seems very unpredictable!

Back
Top Bottom