Where to buy

Are there any good places to buy from or sellers to avoid? I've tried a couple of cheap blades (under £40) before I found this place and found the blades I've tried listed under the sticky of blades to avoid.
Ideally I want to try to find something around £100 but don't really know where to look.
Any suggested brands would also be appreciated since other than the tips I read in the sticky for choosing a razor I don't really know what I'm looking for.

I've got one for sale (sent you a PM), but quite a few members here have straights for sale in our BST. None of them would steer you wrong.
One option would be to use a Feather artist-club which uses the replaceable Feather Pro single-edge blades also used in the Mongoose/Cobra razors. That way you don't have to worry about honing, but traditional straights are much cooler (especially wedges). ;)

I have a Taylors of Sheffield 5/8 on the BST. As a sweetener I'll include the first hone/touch up on it for the buyer(if required buyer pays p+p). It really is an excellent little shaver. The only reason I'm selling it is I prefer bigger blades, and as I'm not a collector, if it aint shaving it aint staying! SOLD!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom