Where to buy Martin de Candre in England

Lavender is in the same family as Mint but I'm not sure I like the sound of minty Lavender . . . so for that reason (you know the rest).

erik1963 said:
There must be a bus load on it's way to Wales. I just ordered a 170g tin and an EDT and the postage to West Wales was £10 - not cheap, but curiosity got the better of me!! :icon_razz:

South West Wales MDC Supporters Trust.

I like it!

:icon_razz:

Out of interest, what is the usual kind of number involved in a group buy for this stuff.

I'm kind of thinking that with these shipping rates, the savings are fairly negligible unless you are shipping a lorry load of the stuff.

The shipping used to be a lot more expensive, so it made sense for a group buy effort (typically four people involved). Now, it's probably best to go it alone. You may be able to shave a few quid off doing a group buy but the saving versus the effort involved (particularly for the person organising it) is probably minimal.

Got mine last week. Great stuff. Not so much a minty as a herbal lavender. Now, can anyone tell me how long this stuff might last? Will it go off like Cella can? Not that it matters too much as I'll be using it every day.

joe mcclaine said:
Lavender is in the same family as Mint but I'm not sure I like the sound of minty Lavender . . . so for that reason (you know the rest).

joe mcclaine said:
Got mine last week. Great stuff. Not so much a minty as a herbal lavender. Now, can anyone tell me how long this stuff might last? Will it go off like Cella can? Not that it matters too much as I'll be using it every day.

Was your first post referring to the EDT Vinny? If not then why did you order the soap? Am I missing something? :huh:

Wasn't going to bother but some came up at an agreeable price so took a punt with a view to off-loading it if I didn't like it. Was the only soap left on my 'to try' list so it seemed rude not to.

joe mcclaine said:

The process they use means it's "cured" for a long time (as I understand) so it's very dry and unlikely to go off, as you've discovered it's bone hard and you don't need much so I reckon it should last an age.

joe mcclaine said:
Wasn't going to bother but some came up at an agreeable price so took a punt with a view to off-loading it if I didn't like it. Was the only soap left on my 'to try' list so it seemed rude not to.

Well glad to hear you like it. :)

antdad said:
The process they use means it's "cured" for a long time (as I understand) so it's very dry and unlikely to go off, as you've discovered it's bone hard and you don't need much so I reckon it should last an age.

The stuff I've got in the wooden bowl is quite soft, I can easily make an indentation in it with my finger. Maybe it's not packed in as much as it is in the glass pots.

I agree about it not needing much loading, most other soaps I find myself loading for a fair bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom