Where do old laptops go to die?

Never thought of that. Do you mean sell as an old bit of tat that someone might want to do up and see what I get for it?

Just looked on ebay... people are getting bids up to £50 for laptops that don't even work. That'll pay for a birth year razor!

My ghast is truly flabbered!

Cheers NS

Becareful of what information you leave on the hard drive. It needs to be erased a few times before everything is really gone. Might want to google it.

+1 on eBay.
Though I pull the HDD and use them to make portable drives with.
One was quite tempremental though and now resides under 3" of concrete out the back path as Im quite paranoid about what could potentially be recovered (family photos, bank details, mortgage details etc).
I wont even post family photos on Facespace.

Northam Saint said:
Wait for a free listing weekend and pop it on there.
Free listing weekend saves you about 50p. The killer is the final fees, up to 10% now.

I have sold a couple on ebay. I got more than I expected.
I find that Ubuntu / Linux make old tired laptops run almost like new.
So personally I would keep it, see if friends / relatives have a child that wants a first computer. I let my kids (and wife) loose on an old laptop with no fear of it getting broken.

Thanks for all the comments. Might think about the Linux... and definitely investigate the DBAN. Not sure about the Pikeys... don't want to encourage them really!

LTB... get them sold... I was quite shocked at how much they go for... I was going to take mine down to the tip

In the end, I got £50 for mine off ebay (minus the hard drive)
Got a lot of searching questions off one techie guy... to make sure there was nothing else wrong with it... don't blame him, but he wasn't the eventual winner

Back
Top Bottom