What's you're experience with Gillette Sputnik Teflon Coated blade

I shaved today with 1 of the 3 Sputniks that they gave me as gift with my Voskhod purchase. I reserve final judgement after further shaves, as i lathered up a bit hastily today, but my initial impression is: very average blade, nothing like AstraSP or Voskhod. The only good thing i can say about it, is that i got 0 weepers and 0 irritation. But since this is the normality with most blades, it's not something to write home about.

The glide of the blade was way worse compared to Voskhod and the sharpness was clearly inferior to Astra. Would i buy 100 of these? No. Not to mention that the wax dots were so badly positioned, that i almost had to tear the wax paper to free the blade. Very sloppy. To me, it didn't feel at all like a "Gillette blade". I 've only tried AstraSP and GSB and i can feel that they come out of the same factory. They feel similar. Sputnik, no.

Used it in DE89.

P.S: Unless they sent me a counterfeit blade, because there was no outer wrapper with Sputnik logo. Only a white wax wrapper.

Last edited:
Ok, shave 2, with no haste and flipped the blade just in case. Bloodless BBS, but once again, this didn't remind me of a Gillette blade. However, the shave was better than last time, maybe because i prepared lather with calm. But again, this doesn't seem like a standout blade to me, like i would expect from a Gillette.

Back
Top Bottom