What's Your Favourite Biscuit?

I saw some at local supermarket recently, years after I first tried them.

Absolutely love them. I've tried a few own brand ones (they all seem to be from the same supplier) and the Jacob's branded ones.

Anyone like these?

RE: Fig Rolls

Fig Rolls and Garibaldis were always a special treat when I was a child, even to this day I occasionally treat myself with a pack of one or the other. I do prefer Fig Rolls though so these get bought more often.

Well when I hear fig rolls mentioned I immediately think of Catterick - the brilliant scene in the abandoned caravan with all the cakes. :icon_razz: I am aware that very few people will have any idea what I'm talking about. :s

Fig Rolls

Love fig roll and Garibaldi. My daughter won't touch Garibaldi as I told her they were made of squashed flies. Nobody else likes them so I get them all to myself. Another old favourite for me is Jacobs Lemon Puffs and McVites Fruit Shortcake.

Oh yeah, fruit shortcakes are nice; very addicitve too.

Looks like Sainsburys have had their recipe changed slightly in recent days/weeks. The old pack I have doesn't list hydrogenated egetable oils in the ingredients, but the new one does:
http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/sainsburys-price-comparison/biscuits/sainsburys_fig_roll_biscuits_200g.html
- Click on nutrition to see the ingredients

I know the Jacobs Fig Rolls, which are a lot more expensive, specificaly say 'no hydrogenated veg oils' on the packet.

Pig Cat said:
Well when I hear fig rolls mentioned I immediately think of Catterick - the brilliant scene in the abandoned caravan with all the cakes. :icon_razz: I am aware that very few people will have any idea what I'm talking about. :s

This is where I learned that gooseberries were hairy english grapes.

Re: Fig Rolls

That was a great show. I liked the scene where Carl rings hotel reception pretending to ring the bloke whose name I can't remember that was in the poster Chris ripped. Even when he ended up ordering room service chris was none the wiser.

brinechild said:
Pig Cat said:

This is where I learned that gooseberries were hairy english grapes.

:icon_razz: Heehee - love that scene. They're scoffing the gooseberries and it's making their faces pucker up as they chat.

NotTheStig said:
That was a great show. I liked the scene where Carl rings hotel reception pretending to ring the bloke whose name I can't remember that was in the poster Chris ripped. Even when he ended up ordering room service chris was none the wiser.

Wow, two Catterick fans! It was George Clooney who got upset because Chris ripped his poster off the wall. :icon_biggrin:

PS Sorry to sabotage such a nice biscuity thread. :blush:

Not sure I've an absolute fave, but at the moment I like these:

fox-s-foxes-biscuits-viennese-chocolate-melts-150g-pkt.jpg

I think I started a biscuit thread once. Could have been yonks ago on CONUK.

Chocolate hobnobs I would say, but few biscuits make my shit list. Custard creams and Bourbons are pretty dull though.

Pig Cat said:
Wow, two Catterick fans! It was George Clooney...
I knoooow! Half a lager and make it snappy ha ha that's a crocodile joke

NotTheStig said:
Chocolate hobnobs I would say, but few biscuits make my shit list. Custard creams and Bourbons are pretty dull though.

Pig Cat said:
Wow, two Catterick fans! It was George Clooney...
I knoooow! Half a lager and make it snappy ha ha that's a crocodile joke

I do look a bit like a monkey!

Back
Top Bottom