What's the smoothest?

I would invite nominations for the smoothest available blade - nothing exotic or hard to find.
Also I am not concerned with price or sharpness - I enjoy my shave and don't mind an extra pass or bit of polishing here or there.
So there you have it - what is the "The old smoothie - the Leslie Phillips, the positive Alan Whicker" of blades?

I've tried every blade from the good to the bad to the ugly. Some, like the Rapiras and Personnas previously mentioned are good, but sometimes you come across a pack that are a bit "iffy". For absolute smoothness and consistency I go for Voskhods
closely followed by Sputniks.

Slightly left-field choice for me - Wilkinson Sword/Gillette Indian blades - the "Saloon Pack" ones. As with ultrawomble's nomination, they're not especially sharp, but seem very smooth and forgiving. I'd also nominate Perma-Sharps (gold and red pack, not Gillette greens).

chrisbell said:
Slightly left-field choice for me - Wilkinson Sword/Gillette Indian blades - the "Saloon Pack" ones. As with ultrawomble's nomination, they're not especially sharp, but seem very smooth and forgiving. I'd also nominate Perma-Sharps (gold and red pack, not Gillette greens).

+1 on the Wilkinson/Gillette blades. These are consistently very smooth for me.

chrisbell said:

The saloon pack nomination really shows how it's horses for courses. I get about half a smooth shave out of mine before they turn into rough peelers of skin :) I'll have a look and see how many I've got to hand - if there's more than a couple, you're welcome to them.

Back
Top Bottom