What will you buy in 2018 ?

@matteob I have read numerous things about Polsilver SI blades supposedly being discontinued but nobody seems to be absolutely certain if they are or not, right? That said, I've seen them mentioned plenty of times so would try them if they're still out there . . .

Edit: Just ordered some Polsilver SI blades on eBay from Gemstone to try, the shaving websites I checked all showed them to be out of stock. They seem like a good seller going on the feedback. Oh dear, the rabbit hole opens up before me like a . . big hole in the ground !

Last edited:
@matteob I have read numerous things about Polsilver SI blades supposedly being discontinued but nobody seems to be absolutely certain if they are or not, right? That said, I've seen them mentioned plenty of times so would try them if they're still out there . . .

Edit: Just ordered some Polsilver SI blades on eBay from Gemstone to try, the shaving websites I checked all showed them to be out of stock. They seem like a good seller going on the feedback. Oh dear, the rabbit hole opens up before me like a . . big hole in the ground !

Gemstone are great to deal with, no worries there.
Polsilver's are class too...As You Were. RM;)

There are a couple of things I will buy:
I already have 2 RR 400 type brushes (silver and black mat) I think I'll get another one for spare.
I'll get some PAA AS to go with some of my soaps... Tombstone, CAD and maybe Tack Room.
I might get a couple of soaps..... 12 months is a long time to go without any new scents :)

@dave79 the polsilver discontinued thing seems like a load of bs to me. It was going around a year ago but there are still plenty on ebay and the supplier there from Hungary says they are still available Just went through a minor package change. I think they will be available for the foreseeable future! Ebay my first port of call for DE blades in quantity over the shave stores. If they go away fuck it Astras are nearly as good for me and cheaper.

I'm planning to buy Pinaud's 3 new aftershaves Whskey woods, gin and the other one, do I need it? No but I like that kind of budget aftershaves, also I should be running out of the Myrsol Antesol towards mid summer so I'm planning to order 1 liter bottle from Gifts and Care and pour it into the classic, iconic Myrsol bottle. It is a wonderful pre-shave and aftershave with a fantastic old-school scent.
Also on Boxing day I ordered a tube of Dettol shaving cream from India that should arrive towards mid January, and also asked a Romanian friend to bring me a tube of Palmolive Cool which is unique to Romania apperantly.

The Indian Dettol cream (cool) is bordering on unscented and the performance is ever so standard (think something around the Palmolive original performance).
I added some lavender essential oil to mine and it gave it a bit of life.

I recently got back in to DE shaving after a few years hiatus so will probably be picking up a fair bit of kit in 2018:

Razor - only have a DE89, tempted to look at alternatives to move on to. Thinking maybe a Rockwell or possibly an open comb.
Blades - got a few packs in the drawer still to try (Nacet, Silver Blues, Perma-Sharp, Feather, 7 O'clock greens) but will likely also pick up some Polsilvers and Voskhods too.
Soap & creams - have plenty at the moment but soaps are easy to accumulate. Not sure what I'd buy next, maybe another classic British triple-milled.
Brushes - maybe another boar, also looking at a badger as my EJ horn and nickel pure gets no use. Maseto two band finests have my interest right now.
Aftershave - only have Old Spice and Proraso cream so will want to add more into the rotation.

The Indian Dettol cream (cool) is bordering on unscented and the performance is ever so standard (think something around the Palmolive original performance).
I added some lavender essential oil to mine and it gave it a bit of life.
Oh dear :( By the looks of it, it's going to be an expensive mistake. £6.99 for almost unscented average normal cream :(
After Yardley Gold and Axe shaving creams from India(excellent lather quality and wonderful scent) this is going to be a disappointment like Indian Old Spice shaving creams. Never mind, I should have asked for peoples opinion on the dedicated thread.
Thanks Danny

2018?

Hoping to find a blade as good as the Feather but with more on the 'consistent' front. Had too many Feathers turn out to be duffers recently. Would like to try some of the Russian offerings despite them all sounding like some form of aeronautical transport. Is there a 'Mig 25 Foxbat' blade?

What? Razors, of course. All of them. And soaps, lotions, and colognes. Yes!

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR, gentlemen!!!

giphy.gif

I have two larger purchases planned firstly the Tatara closed comb razor. I have pre ordered it so fingers crossed in Feb I'll get one. Secondly I am going to have a new 30mm brush made with the Maseto 2 band finest knot and resin and shape to be discussed with the maker but I'm fancying a disco in whatever combo colour I go for or even a two colour scheme with a solid bottom colour and disco top half. No blades, no soaps In fact I'm actively doing my best to get rid of my surplus soaps. I'm probably only going to keep my Stirling, Wickham, Route 66, OSP and MWF the MWF for the dish mainly. All the others are getting the chop until I start reducing what I have which takes bloomin ages to do. Obviously things can change if someone releases a nice SS razor I won't be able to resist it but soaps I will no problem.
I love my Tatara. Have both plates but I enjoy the SB more. A wonderful shaver, right up there with the Paradigm, Timeless and Wolfman, Blackbird and Charcoal Goods

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Taking a break from buying shaving stuff next year because I have spares of razors that I like, soaps and creams to last a few decades, a few thousand razor blades.

First I must locate,then buy an aquatic shaving soap with the performance of P & B and the scent of Southsea Spray super smooth. Quite a tall order,however a man's reach should exceed his grasp or what are dreams for.

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom