What to expect

pem

Been DE shaving for years and never tried SE, landed a couple of superb Ever Ready/Gem 1912's off a member, got some blades sorted, first go tonight, what do they shave like? blade angle required etc.

Simon

Nice one. Recently discovered the joy of the 1912s and SE shaving and love it. Have a look in the SE section for advice. Blade angle is pretty much head flat against the face the drop it down a bit, you will know. Other than that I found it not much different to DE, other than its tricky under the nose. Oh, and that sound that everyone goes on about... You will see, or hear...

I'm considering trying SE shaving at the moment, I like the look of the 1912 and I may soon be buying one. What I wonder is the average price for one in good shave condition?

Chris.

Paid £10 each for my two and they look brand new, ask on here because I see them going for much more on Ebay.

Simon

I would think about a tenner or so is about right. It opens up a whole new area of shaving though, which of course leads to wanting more...and spending more....
I bought one a few months back and now have 8, and there's still 3 or 4 more that I would like... That I know of at the moment!
It's never ending. I'm thinking I want to try an injector next...oh dear.

Back
Top Bottom