What to buy in Berlin.

superflyguy said:
Bechet45 said:
Never mind shaving! Opera tickets! Two world class houses there.

Never mind Opera tickets, go to Berghain. A world class techno and deep house club. Opens Friday night closes Monday morning.

you'll need a shave after that!

+1 to clubbing in Berlin, although Berghain is hit-n-miss at times.

MichaelS said:
The Different Scent is in Berlin:
www.thedifferentscent.de/

Or a good shave section in KaDeWe department store (which is worth a visit anyway).

Enjoy!

The Different Scent is a must! The majority of goods are not German, a few straights, mühle DEs & Thäter brushes aside. But it's still worth a visit just for the selection of Pen's software, all the DR Harris range you can shake a stick at, a decent Simpsons selection, the 3Ts are well represented too and most times when you buy you get a nice selection of freebie samplers.

For German products try DM, Rossmans or Apothekes. These are like the German equivalent to Boots & chemists. Speick and Wilkies sticks are a plenty, however Tabac is becoming less common.

MichaelS said:
The Different Scent is in Berlin:
www.thedifferentscent.de/

Or a good shave section in KaDeWe department store (which is worth a visit anyway).

Enjoy!

If that is the case, then Xpec scented shaving. A great cream, not the cheapest though, I think I paid €29 before the p&p was added, then not long after my order, the scented cream was removed from the website, with the notice that it is now only available instore, the unscented version is still available via their website. The scent, as dodgy described it, is quite similar to Czech and Speake No.88.

Scott.

Going in a couple of weeks now.... So, essentially its Pitralon, Spiek & Tabac that's mainly on the cards?

And a Trabant & an MZ Motorcycle, I'm sure SWMBO would love to drive/ride one of those back?!

Louis said:
Maddog said:
a Trabant & an MZ Motorcycle...

+1 on the MZ!!

I had a 'Super 5' - Ugly as sin but utterly bulletproof and could be kept going indefinitely with string and gaffa tape.

SWMBO's late uncle has 2 MZ's & a Simson 50 in his garage in France.. His wife still has them but doesnt know what to do with them....

I feel a road trip in my mates van coming on...

Palmolive Sensitive shaving cream
Palmolive Classic shaving cream ( Much cheaper then in the UK )
Wilkinson Sword Shaving cream
Nivea Men Shaving cream
Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick
Florena Men Shaving cream
Speick Shaving Cream
Speick Aftershave Lotion
Speick Aftershave Balsem if to be found.

All these products that I named cost under € 3 and most less then € 1,30 and only the Speick Aftershave would be around € 8.

Oh Nivea also sells a menthol aftershave balm called Cool Kick and it wouldn't cost more then € 5.

If you use Google translate then you can take a look at mine German shopping guide which includes prices as well and which stores you could find it.

Although I don't know if it would be same in Berlin, but I have been in many german cities and what the stores sell is mostly the same.

Oh if you could find Kappus shaving cream then I would really recommend you to buy it as its a great shaving cream at the price level of Nivea Men / Palmolive but the luxury is comparable with Speick shaving cream.

Back
Top Bottom