What should I do with ... ?

What should I do with my growing mound of disappointing unlatherable shaving soaps?

I now have:
  • Culpeper Shaving Soap
  • Bulldog Shaving Soap
  • Vulfix Shaving Soap
  • Czech & Speake No.88 Shaving Soap
  • La Maison du Savon de Marseilles Rebel
  • La Maison du Savon de Marseilles Monsieur
What I won't do is stick 'em all on eBay for some unsuspecting buyer to be equally disappointed. Maybe I could, but be very specific in the description that these are not suitable for shaving? Dunno.

Perhaps go on a tour of the country finding the finest civic fountains and chucking in a tablet for an impromptu foam party?

Maybe you've got a quandry? You could shave your burden here ...

Life. I mean just what the feck is that stuff? And what do I do…???

Wash yer bits and pits and the Mrs eh, eh, ankle. With the soapety soap soapy thing of soapy unlatherability soapiness, that is. Aye and bye.

Could you mix them up with known good but cheap shaving soaps (cheap so it doesn't matter so much if it doesn't work too well)?

Or add glycerin so they at least offer some good slip and glide?

Or just use them as hand soaps.

Could you mix them up with known good but cheap shaving soaps (cheap so it doesn't matter so much if it doesn't work too well)?

My experience doing this with Eucris was that the formulation actively KILLS known-good lather ... and you have to wash the brush out VERY well afterwards, lest your lovely lathering soap suddenly gets a bout of foaming rabies.

Well, here's the thing ...

I have Aleppo soap for when I want to use hand/body/hair soap. I have good shaving soap for when I want to shave. Life is too short to force yourself to use stuff you don't want to.
I very much agree with this...
But I also hate throwing away things that _may_ be still of some use...

It reminded me of an advice that we were told by rangers when we went hiking in Alaska, about the food we carried: Eat your best stuff first. That way, you are _always_ eating the best food.

Binned.

I was in a quandry ... I vocalised it and you've helped me make up mind and go with my instinct. Cheers! I've kept the No.88 in my travel bag for a little something when we go away and think I'll enjoy that as a shower soap.

Back
Top Bottom