What made your day a good one

Yesterday at the girl's school Open Evening, the eldest who's going up to senior school this time won the The Most Progress Shield (jointly as they pick a girl and a boy) for the most academic progress over her time at school. She increased her scores by more than anyone else over her last year. :)

More importantly both girls got glowing reports for the year for their attitudes and behaviour. Lovely, happy, caring children who are a joy to have in the class. How good they were at empathising with and looking after other children was mentioned for both. :D

Which considering they went through an at times messy 'divorce' over the last couple of years and have been living between households week on week is ... enough to make me greet like a bairn!

Very, very proud of them indeed.

Changed out some car parts - new springs and anti-roll bar at the rear end. Fronts to be done on Monday along with some oil changes. Fortunately, I've a car-savvy colleague who is keen to help out. Cost of the second-hand, like new parts (and new oil/washers/filter) was less than the quoted labour to have these parts fitted! A good experience as I'm keen to lend a hand and learn as I go along.

Enjoyed a good ride in the car this morning, fixed an elderly neighbour's laptop (and gained a bottle of Grant's for my service), watched a handful of Hammer films this afternoon and evening drinking said bottle over ice and thoroughly enjoying a reminisce on Youtube, watching some classic Leeds drum machine bands of the early '90s that I used to be into ...

Rubber Leather Plastic
Purple Eternal
Cassandra Complex
MDMA
March Violets

Yeah! :D

Ha! It goes from good to better ...

Mrs bought a couple of cat litter cabinets for our ever-increasing pride of moggies. I duly assembled them, put them in place, put the litter trays in ... fully expecting said mogs to completely ignore what I'd done and wee on the floor.

... but no! One after another they all trooped into one, then the other, then back to the first one and one stayed in the second one to make use of the facilities!

Result! :D

Back
Top Bottom