What made your day a crap one??

Very close to home, that one ... I actually remember a Joanne Cox from my youth. She does sort of look familiar. She's from where I grew up and we're the same decade. Horrid!

No, my computer just broke. Weird noises last night, freezes today ... managed to get two good backups and then tonight it went kaput! No boot disk. It's a Mac and about 9 years old, so had a good innings. I'll assess the cost of new HDD and fitting (it's beyond me) against a new computer as it's now terminally end of life - the latest OS will go on it, but a mate tried it and it went sour on his. Bah!

The murder of a local MP put that way into perspective, though. My thoughts are with her husband and her children this night.

Locally, it's being told that some thug from the nearby Fieldhead Estate did it - the man that the Police have in custody and "are not looking for anyone else". Talk is of "Britain First" being shouted as she was killed. Jo Cox was a stern advocate of remaining in the EU.

She has had a long career in the voluntary sector and stood for Parliament at the last election with a hope of "doing something".

FFS! Birstall is small market town. Joseph Priestley, the man who discovered oxygen (yes, you can all breathe safety now) hailed from Birstall and schooled at my Grammar School over in Batley. His statue overlooks the market place. It's a small, small town. Yes, there's nearby Batley and Dewsbury, what with its problems, poverty, large estates concentrating all that ... but Birstall is a small market town. Population 16,000.

Minus 1.

No point getting upset by the behaviours of the young, @Fish - there's a seemingly inexhaustible supply of them whilst we are in a declining minority. Besides, there are plenty of good ones, allegedly.

Ha! Some ten years ago, a grey haired woman jumped in front of me in a grocery store queue, lined up, looked back, looked down at my two bananas or whatever it was, and uttered disdainfully "only getting those? you may go before me." Impoliteness and disrespect knows no age. But perhaps you are right that it is more frequently encountered the other way around. And perhaps a truly decent chap would let every person older than himself go before him in line. Or perhaps not?

My day? I had forgotten to renew my metro card (in an app which did for some reason not alert me in advance). And then there were controllers onboard. If you pay up front it's 950 NOK, if not, it's 1150 (just short of 100 pounds). I had forgotten my wallet... Thank you very much. And then I had to renew the metro card too, of course, at 690 NOK. Crap.

Busting both ankles (one already a recurring injury), lunging knee and elbow during fencing today. I dropped to a heap in the shower when I got home and stayed there for a good hour. Everything hurts! One, two or three things will need careful treatment to carry on (a) my sport and (b) my ability to actually walk :D I jest ... it all hurts.

We finished 5th. It was a team competition and we did really well. I am fiercely proud!

Grade 3 medial collateral ligament tear meaning I may never play football again.
My 8 month old daughter gave me a hug and her version of a kiss though which made me forget all about the pain :)

Absolute bugger m8 ! Lord help the first idiot who says, " I feel your pain ! " Good recovery.

JohnnyO. o/.

Back
Top Bottom