What Kindle to get?

I'm planning on getting my wife a Kindle for her birthday and am a bit confused as to which one to get her

Price-wise I'm limited to either a basic Kindle or a Kindle touch.

My wife does have a disability which limits the sensitivity in her hands so I'm wondering whether the turning page by touch-screen option offered by the Kindle Touch might be the best way forward.

Any thoughts or advice people have would be gratefully received. :)

ajc347 said:
I'm planning on getting my wife a Kindle for her birthday and am a bit confused as to which one to get her

Price-wise I'm limited to either a basic Kindle or a Kindle touch.

My wife does have a disability which limits the sensitivity in her hands so I'm wondering whether the turning page by touch-screen option offered by the Kindle Touch might be the best way forward.

Any thoughts or advice people have would be gratefully received. :)

I have a basic one. I would say the buttons on the front are rather small, but I suppose they could be better for someone with the problem you mention. Touch screens are fine but it's the positivity of the buttons being pressed she probably needs. The side page up and down buttons work fine.

SWMBO has one too, she is the least techie person in the house and loves hers. We've found we seem to read more and quicker using a Kindle. All the best choosing I'm sure she be happy with one.

My wife has limited sensitivity in her fingers, partly due to illness, but also partly due to the amount of times she stabs them to retrieve some blood.

She generally finds touch screens a PITA, and much prefers physical buttons. She uses my kindle, which is the original one (now called knidle keyboard) with buttons on the sides to turn the pages and that is fine for her.

Or you can just charge it by plugging the |USB cable into a spare port on your computer.

I've got so many of them Micro USB chargers now I haven't even taken my kindle one out of the box.

Lose the beard said:
Or you can just charge it by plugging the |USB cable into a spare port on your computer.

I've got so many of them Micro USB chargers now I haven't even taken my kindle one out of the box.

could do but not everyone has loads of the chargers about.

with most computers they need to be switched on to charge over usb as well

it was more about the fact that there are more differences between the differnet versions than apears at first glance

My guess would, in common with many other replies, be that the non-touch version is likely to be better in her case - but either is very straight-forward for just plain reading.

I have the keyboard version, with 3G and WiFi access. I work away from home and don't always have WiFi access. I bought SWMBO one a couple if years ago and got mine as a bit of a 'don't know what I want so get me a kindle' (this was pre DE days) and I love it.

Back
Top Bottom