What is it, for you, the most overrated soap / cream?

Im racking my brains thinking and I am sure I've used worse things for being overrated but the one that springs to mind for me is Sterling.

Its weird isn't it, as Stirling is the one I reach for when I want to have a good shave guaranteed. Hits exactly the right spot with me, time and again.

Just about to try PAA and CSRW soaps (in the post to me), and they're both thought of as up there as regards how soaps go, so that will be interesting.

For me, its Speick. For the life of me, I could not get a proper lather out of that, and the shave was rough. And there was something in Mama Bear soaps which really didn't agree with me, had a sore face all day after using them!

Its weird isn't it, as Stirling is the one I reach for when I want to have a good shave guaranteed. Hits exactly the right spot with me, time and again.

Just about to try PAA and CSRW soaps (in the post to me), and they're both thought of as up there as regards how soaps go, so that will be interesting.

For me, its Speick. For the life of me, I could not get a proper lather out of that, and the shave was rough. And there was something in Mama Bear soaps which really didn't agree with me, had a sore face all day after using them!

What ever floats your boat really. I've got a PAA which Im enjoying using but I tried the old stuff before it was rebranded and got rid of all of them after a few goes.
I went a bit mad for a while trying lots of reccomended stuff but now I try and go one at a time. Minimalistic is the word I am looking for.

What ever floats your boat really. I've got a PAA which Im enjoying using but I tried the old stuff before it was rebranded and got rid of all of them after a few goes.
I went a bit mad for a while trying lots of reccomended stuff but now I try and go one at a time. Minimalistic is the word I am looking for.

I'm trying out loads of different US artisans at the moment. I was in the US a month ago, and picked up some soaps and aftershaves from Pasteurs, and aim to go back next February (to New York, not just to Pasteurs :)). So, want to do a run on soaps to see what ones to focus on when I'm back over there. For example, wish I'd picked up some Gingers Garden, and I've found that, say, Catie's Bubbles isn't quite hitting the mark with me (its good, but I get along better with others), which goes against the success it has with most other people.

As you say, whatever floats your boat and what you get on with.

I'm trying out loads of different US artisans at the moment. I was in the US a month ago, and picked up some soaps and aftershaves from Pasteurs, and aim to go back next February (to New York, not just to Pasteurs :)). So, want to do a run on soaps to see what ones to focus on when I'm back over there. For example, wish I'd picked up some Gingers Garden, and I've found that, say, Catie's Bubbles isn't quite hitting the mark with me (its good, but I get along better with others), which goes against the success it has with most other people.

Pasteurs is brilliant! I'd love to go back there.

Ooh to throw out a US maker, Chisled Face soap I do love. The Sherlock soap was brilliant.
Enjoy NYC!

My daughter might go to New York on a business trip in about a month and if so I'll ask her to get me some Sterling soap samples and I'll get the real thing when I go in September.
This would be my first visit to New York and I wonder how good is their stock of ATT razors :)
Other than soaps and aftershaves I'm not too sure what else is worth buying at Pasteur's, maybe a 100 pack of Personna blue blades.

I watched a couple of videos on YouTube but it's hard to form an idea of what they stock that might interest me..... I guess, only American products I'd be after.

I think one store stocks more but I can not remember which one. They stock all sorts, english, euro and american stuff.

I think one store stocks more but I can not remember which one. They stock all sorts, english, euro and american stuff.

The hotel we'll be staying in is on Broadway which is about in the middle of the two Pasteur stores, 1M from the one on 34st street and 1.5 from the other one on Lexington Ave..... so most certainly a daily visit for a full week :D

Good stuff. I stayed on Broadway also, you've jogged my memory, I want to say that the Lexington branch is the largest, which means I visited the 35St branch. Maybe ha.

The 34th Street store is the bigger one stockwise, although the store on Lexington still has a good stock. Both are well worth a visit.

For me, the attraction of the place was mainly the opportunity to get some aftershaves which, of course, we can't get shipper over here. Wish I'd come back with more though, will be putting that right next time!

The 34th Street store is the bigger one stockwise, although the store on Lexington still has a good stock. Both are well worth a visit.

For me, the attraction of the place was mainly the opportunity to get some aftershaves which, of course, we can't get shipper over here. Wish I'd come back with more though, will be putting that right next time!

I hadn't thought about aftershaves but now that you mentioned it, I will take a look. If you have any good suggestions then please do..... I appreciate any help :)

Back
Top Bottom