What have you learned ?

Six months down the line DE Shaving has been quite a learning curve but great fun.

This left me wondering what the more experienced TSR persons might have learned (about shaving!) last year?

Good question,the most important thing I've learned when DE shaving was to use the ''J HOOK'' motion when shaving my neck.The beard on my neck grows sideways and we all know how difficult it is to use a DE razor in that direction on neck.if you shave up or down you are going X the grain,so I kept getting those red spots(ingrowns) until one day I used that technique and noticed a painless neck right after the shave,so I continued this routine and before you knew it,after about 2weeks all those spots disapppeared!
It's not exactly a BBS neck but I look presentable and those nasty spots are the thing of the past!

I've learned that my skin is not sensitive and that I actually can get a smooth comfortable shave without ingrown hairs and razor burn.

I've also learned that the simple task of removing stubble from ones face can get a wee bit too obsessive, and what seemed like it would save me some money hasn't :roll:

Jeltz said:
I've learned that my skin is not sensitive and that I actually can get a smooth comfortable shave without ingrown hairs and razor burn.

I've also learned that the simple task of removing stubble from ones face can get a wee bit too obsessive, and what seemed like it would save me some money hasn't :roll:

LOL + 1 on all those points!

Higher priced products rarely outperform the lower priced competition, but usually smell nicer. ;)

Don’t buy a large amount of a type of blade on a blind. :cry:

Don’t blindly follow the herd, unless its anything to do with MdC, Speick, Valobra, IK, Harris, Trumpers, A di P, C&S, Super thins, Gillette Bleue’s, Iridiums, T&H, EJ, Merkur. :roll:

a $10 pair of sneakers could out perform the $100 you sooo wanted to buy!.... :lol:
You never know bud!

RB73 said:
Higher priced products rarely outperform the lower priced competition, but usually smell nicer. ;)

Don’t buy a large amount of a type of blade on a blind. :cry:

Don’t blindly follow the herd, unless its anything to do with MdC, Speick, Valobra, IK, Harris, Trumpers, A di P, C&S, Super thins, Gillette Bleue’s, Iridiums, T&H, EJ, Merkur. :roll:

After some 50 years wet shaving with straights, DEs & a few disposable head multi blades ; last year I discovered single edge razors to my gr8 delight.

JohnnyO. :shave

Even though I'm well into my third year of wet shaving, I'm still learning new things all of the time. Little changes in lathering, or rinsing etc.

In fact, the latter part of that has changed, and I can now use alum and a/s splashes, which I could not with my previous regime.

I have also learned a great deal about straight razors, and what a frustrating/long/steep learning curve it is. Not even sure that I'll reach the top of it before my patience finally leaves me. Again.

Ian

I can shave ATG, but it leaves my skin feeling very irritated when the bristles start coming through the skin again.

I like soaps far more than creams.

I enjoy sharing my shaving (and other) experiences with the other members of this forum :)

That there is more to shaving than what i was used to.
Ask questions on here if you are unsure about anything.
Ask work for more days offshore to fund this hobby :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom