What happens to ProRaso shave repair gel if left abandoned!

I just discovered a 10ml tube of ProRaso shave repair gel in the back of a cupboard, probably there for about 8 to 10 years! I went to squeeze it to see if it was still OK to use. It wasn't LOL It had turned solid, and on cutting the tube open, the smooth gel and turned into solid crystals. It's not it's fault I forgot all about it! I'm sure it's not designed to be left on 'standby' that long... :D

solid proraso.jpg

The Proraso Gel is almost perfect. It stops bleeding more efficiently than any other product.
The problem is that once opened it dries, clogs and deteriorates.
I stopped buying it because it's great if you do something stupid, but then a year later you do it again you can't get any out of the tube.
So you have to cut open the tube (remember, you're bleeding badly - no other choice) and then you can throw the tube away.
Too expensive in the long run. Pity. Because it actually works.
I have since learned not to slice into the bottom of my nose or other really bleedy bits.

Unusual that a product deteriorates so badly, especially when the lid is replaced as tight as possible, so in theory, oxygen shouldn't be able to get into it to change it's chemical composition that dramatically.

Looks like broken alum block. Grind it down into a powder and put it in a small tin and use it like that. (y)

Wow that's cheap. I've got a tube that's a couple of years old, I have used it twice. Wonder if mine has gone off? Ironically I had a clumsy moment this afternoon after cutting my hedge and my neighbours', late bath and shave, tired arms from wielding a petrol hedge cutter all day, took a chunk off under my eye socket, wasn't even trying to shave up there lol!

Wow that's cheap. I've got a tube that's a couple of years old, I have used it twice. Wonder if mine has gone off? Ironically I had a clumsy moment this afternoon after cutting my hedge and my neighbours', late bath and shave, tired arms from wielding a petrol hedge cutter all day, took a chunk off under my eye socket, wasn't even trying to shave up there lol!
It's been that cheap on Amazon forever and a day, but a lot dearer elsewhere.

The Proraso Gel is almost perfect. It stops bleeding more efficiently than any other product.
I stopped buying it because it's great if you do something stupid, but then a year later you do it again you can't get any out of the tube.
So you have to cut open the tube (remember, you're bleeding badly - no other choice) and then you can throw the tube away.
Too expensive in the long run. Pity. Because it actually works.
I have since learned not to slice into the bottom of my nose or other really bleedy bits.

Similar experiences here. Works on cuts that a styptic pencil struggles with, but as you say it dries out, despite the cap being firmly reapplied after use.

Back
Top Bottom