What do you look like?

moodymick said:
So, what do you shave smoother, your chops or your bonce? Also, do you moisturise you head? that's a serious question by the way, i'm not taking the piss - honest guv :)

When I use a DE on the bonce I guess it's smoother because I don't do it that often and aside from the occasional slice It doesn't get irritated like the skin on my face. Most of the time I still use clippers though. Hacking away at 1+ weeks growth on the head with a DE is hell. And yes, I do moisturize my dome, some times I even put a heavy petroleum on it after a close buzz.

I think im like you , I can abuse the crap out of my head and i never really get any irritation or razor burn .. but as for using a DE on my head- i wish.
I have a really lumpy head tbh and i cannot for the life of me get my angles right.. and i end up slicing the hell out of myself.

Its a shame really, but not for lack of trying.

I moisturize my head after shaving it , and everyday just becuase i suffer from psoriasis so it helps keep the flaky scalp away.

Attero said:
I think im like you , I can abuse the crap out of my head and i never really get any irritation or razor burn .. but as for using a DE on my head- i wish.
I have a really lumpy head tbh and i cannot for the life of me get my angles right.. and i end up slicing the hell out of myself.

I moisturize my head after shaving it , and everyday just becuase i suffer from psoriasis so it helps keep the flaky scalp away.

Probably best to stick with clippers then. I always wondered how those guys who always seem to have shiny clean heads did it. I think they're putting a lot of time in. I can only manage every 1-2 weeks.

One thing I've noticed since moving to London is how drying the water is. I hardly use warm or hot water at all anymore. Cold water soothes after shaving both the dome and the mug anyway.

g-train said:
Attero said:

Probably best to stick with clippers then. I always wondered how those guys who always seem to have shiny clean heads did it. I think they're putting a lot of time in. I can only manage every 1-2 weeks.

One thing I've noticed since moving to London is how drying the water is. I hardly use warm or hot water at all anymore. Cold water soothes after shaving both the dome and the mug anyway.

Oh i have a shiny dome (Hairline is vanishing to fast not to), I just use an Azor (god help me), Its not perfect by any means but its slightly cheaper, doesn't clog as much as the other makes and the blades seem to last longer as im not cutting beard hair. (Ive tried it on my face as well, but ill stick to my DE's ta very much)
I try various other of my ever increasing DE collection tho in the vain hope that one day ill get the right combo or just get the technique right .. but so far no luck.
(Only one ive not tried is my 39C .. and the day i put the schräg Vorschlaghammer near my bonce is the day im tired of having a scalp.... :shock: )

I tried those King of Shaves Azor cartridges but thought they clogged more than Mach 3s due to having so many blades.

Maybe you can try a used Derby or Personna in a really mild razor like a Superspeed? Might clog a bit, but if you shave every day or even less frequently it probably won't.

Ive tried the mildest razor i have (Early Tech) with a dull IP and still shredded myself.. I think im just to cack handed tbh.

I guess with alot of practice i might get the hang, but tbh , the Cart is fairly efficient and doesnt cost much for the job its doing so... ill remain a dabbler.

Just for academic interest:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.straightrazorplace.com/forums/general-razor-shaving-related-discussion/52755-buddhist-head-shaving.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.straightrazorplace.com/forum ... aving.html</a><!-- m -->

Attero said:
Ive tried the mildest razor i have (Early Tech) with a dull IP and still shredded myself.. I think im just to cack handed tbh.

I guess with alot of practice i might get the hang, but tbh , the Cart is fairly efficient and doesnt cost much for the job its doing so... ill remain a dabbler.

I understand one of the best razors for a dome is a long tooth NEW.

Back
Top Bottom