What do you look like?

Reviving this old thread with a picture of me on holiday in a Tomb.

totk20101.jpg

R0010836.jpg

August 2008. Arrival at Seoul's Incheon International Airport on my way back to expat-land. Tired and without much sleep from the two preceding flight segments (ATH-SIN, 10+ hrs and SIN-ICN, 6 hrs) my journey would still be continued with change of airports in Seoul, a domestic South Korean flight and -finally- a 2 hrs drive to get home...

N_Architect said:
August 2008. Arrival at Seoul's Incheon International Airport on my way back to expat-land. Tired and without much sleep from the two preceding flight segments (ATH-SIN, 10+ hrs and SIN-ICN, 6 hrs) my journey would still be continued with change of airports in Seoul, a domestic South Korean flight and -finally- a 2 hrs drive to get home...

Blimey! No wonder you look pissed of!

Ian

antdad said:
Attero said:
Ive tried the mildest razor i have (Early Tech) with a dull IP and still shredded myself.. I think im just to cack handed tbh.

I guess with alot of practice i might get the hang, but tbh , the Cart is fairly efficient and doesnt cost much for the job its doing so... ill remain a dabbler.

I understand one of the best razors for a dome is a long tooth NEW.

Interesting recommendation - Just tried my new (which tbh i wouldn't have usually given thought to being an open comb) - best DE shave on the noggin ive had as yet.
i might just bear with this one and see what a little practice with it does.

N_Architect, who took the picture and did you punch them, you look as if you might have.

Look at Andy who is nice and clean shaven and you all Don Johnson with the shadow, you should be ashamed of that photo. Airbrush that stubble out and repost it :lol:

Hahaha.

Well, let me tell you then.

First of all, I took the pic. Essentially it is a self-portrait. Actually I have very few pics of me in general.

As I love photography, I always carry a camera with me and take shots that interest me. But when I was living and working in South Korea (that was from 2006 to 2009), I travelled alone, so I usually had nobody to take me a picture during my travels. Furthermore, few people understand that they must not use flash in most of these cases, but instead balance aperture, speed and ISO to get a nice natural (but not blurred) shot without the light harshness if using fill flash.

In the specific picture, camera is a portable Ricoh GX100, which I placed in the top of the front seat's back. I set it to timer, pressed the shutter button and it took the shot by itself.

Now, on how I look. First of all, few other people as well tell me I do look 'too serious', but actually as a person I am quite the opposite (but you didn't believe that, did ya?). But it's that look that messes up things and keeps people (and especially women) away more often that I'd like to. In addition, after that particular flight I was indeed with a minor headache from the lack of proper sleep. This then contributes to my deceiving 'angry' look.

These flights were (and still are) a pleasure on one hand, as I love to fly long-haul, but a torture on the other hand as I am very much affected by the difference in timezones and hence, by jet lag.

I have a couple of other pictures, again from my travels (i.e. 'up in the air') but I really don't know why I chose this specific one here.

R0011449.jpg

Along the same route, ATH-SIN, somewhere above Turkey.

Talking about travel goodies:

R0012100.jpg

R0012103.jpg

QR J class travel pouch (that is the 'old' one with Aigner products - now they give out a more squarish one with Molton Brown toiletries inside, I have it but it's back home so sorry no pics)

Impressive shots there.

I have been told I have a natural scowl and I know I tend to look out from under my eyebrows at people which some take as grumpiness but it is not; I can be quite happy and hardly move an eyebrow so I know exactly what you mean. I am generally quite placid but I kind of like that my demeanor stops the incessant gibbering on a long flight from someone whom I have never met. I stick my headphones on and chill, I never sleep on a plane but I can really zone out if I try, my weapon of choice is my IPOD with everything in full lossless quality and a set of Shure SE530 headphones which work better then noise canceling ones.

There are a few photography buffs on here, I used to do a little when I was at college. I enjoyed the whole developing process and I took what I thought were good shots at the time. Truth is the best ones I took were just lucky. But given the nature of your work it is nice to take the opportunity to catch some shots.

Take care out there.

Back
Top Bottom