What do you do for a living?

Jpshaver said:
G7. You Civil Servant as well?

I'm also a JP in spare time. Like to cover all bases

quote='joe mcclaine' pid='354072' dateline='1396981448']
Jpshaver said:
Cultural ambassador to the Lake District (frightingly, this is actually true)

Senior Manager, HM Revenue and Customs (sadly, so is this)

Senior as in SCS, or G7 / G6?
[/quote]

Nah, Uncle is G7, brother is HEO - both in Nottingham HO.

Oh, OK. Without going too far off thread, I used to be based in Nottingham. Probably best I don't divulge names ;-)

joe mcclaine said:
Jpshaver said:
G7. You Civil Servant as well?

I'm also a JP in spare time. Like to cover all bases

quote='joe mcclaine' pid='354072' dateline='1396981448']
Jpshaver said:
Cultural ambassador to the Lake District (frightingly, this is actually true)

Senior Manager, HM Revenue and Customs (sadly, so is this)

Senior as in SCS, or G7 / G6?

Nah, Uncle is G7, brother is HEO - both in Nottingham HO.
[/quote]

Typhoon pilot..... maybe not.
Mechanical Design Engineer by trade, but currently an Engineering Manager overseeing a team, so I get less time actually engineering these days, sadly.

Shemen Zait said:
Where should we start? Full time dad to a terrible three girl, lover, shaving products tester, ex tank commander and industrial software integration principal (all true btw).

Danny

Tank Commander, I bet that was one hell of a chat up line, reminds me of that advert on the TV, think it was for Hamlet cigars, the guy is chatting a woman up, says he is an RAF fighter pilot and the guy at the bar shouts over "hey Dave, can you still get them fence panels from work" cue the music and the lighting of the cigar, classic!

Biomedical scientist in haematology.

Im the one that does the counts and looks at the blood films interesting job as I work in a cancer hospital.

Video Technician and Graphics Operator (in corporate live events). Also used to be a camera assistant for TV and Corporate video. It's occasionally interesting but more often it's not.

Once assisted on a video shoot, filming a machine that tested the tensile strength of frozen spinach.

Living the dream.

I used to be a wine shop manager before I made the switch to become a Business Analyst in IT for a Supermarket and then for an Airline. What a shit decision that was!

I'm an instrument technician working for an medium sized US oil company, that are currently in the process of selling off their UK and Norwegian assets. I look after the instrumentation and control systems for their gas generators (jet engines) that drive their power generation sets and gas compressors on their three UK installations. I have been doing this for 2 and a 1/2 years but I'm getting bored and want to go back to general platform maintenance, as there are much more things that can go wrong and need fault finding and fixing. :)

Back
Top Bottom