What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browsing Etsy last night I found a colourful brush with a Tuxedo knot, not tried a Tuxedo knot brush so thought I would treat myself.
(Seller's pic)

mfWWTyL.jpg

Hiya,

Seems like I'm on a leisurely blade buying binge that will probably end at some point. Till then the hunt continues for a few favorite vintage ones.

Won twenty Schick blades from the 70s....almost out of those from a large pick up years ago. To me the best of the best multiple Plus Platinum versions. I will include a pic and if you look there's super Platinum written on the blade and not plus, which no other versions have I believe. These aren't seen all that often.

Picked up another 30 Spoilers as well, but unsure of the year until they arrive. As most of you know, the US made Gillette blades have always been dated, even when the razors weren't. The Spoilers are basically Gillette Super Stainless types from a wide span of years. Heh, I just bought some from 1968 a month ago for a decent price and these latest 30 was $15 shipped. Spoilers can still be had for cheap and to me work almost as well as the LBs and Personna74s. Pretty sharp and forgiving blades in general.

Possibly down the road prices for some vintage blades might go for nuts prices like a few brands already have. Just was watching the bidding onna 55 Light Brigades lot and it went for about $150, which is close to what one previous bunch sold for.

Sheesh, enough verbosity,

Martin

Attachments

• Schick Super Platinum.jpg
    Schick Super Platinum.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hiya,

Seems like I'm on a leisurely blade buying binge that will probably end at some point. Till then the hunt continues for a few favorite vintage ones.

Won twenty Schick blades from the 70s....almost out of those from a large pick up years ago. To me the best of the best multiple Plus Platinum versions. I will include a pic and if you look there's super Platinum written on the blade and not plus, which no other versions have I believe. These aren't seen all that often.

Picked up another 30 Spoilers as well, but unsure of the year until they arrive. As most of you know, the US made Gillette blades have always been dated, even when the razors weren't. The Spoilers are basically Gillette Super Stainless types from a wide span of years. Heh, I just bought some from 1968 a month ago for a decent price and these latest 30 was $15 shipped. Possibly down the road prices for some vintage blades might go for nuts prices like a few brands already have. Just was watching the bidding onna 55 Light Brigades lot and it went for about $150, which is close to what one previous lot sold for.

Sheesh, enough verbosity,

Martin
Great Catch Martin and enjoy! :)

Ok, another unnecessary purchase... I just ordered 2 Lea Shave sticks(New Formula). I already have 4 Lea sticks, first one was a present from a friend that went to Spain for holiday and the rest were bought everytime I heard that they changed or going to change the formula. I think the first 3 are same and the latest one I bought last year is again same product but have the latest barber pole design packaging. This latest formula allegedly do not contain tallow and has a different scent, so I will see when I receive it.
If I suddenly die and when people come around to clear the house, what would they say when they see Litres and litres of aftershaves and colognes, tons of shaving soap and cream, over a dozen of shaving brush and lots of de razors, straight razors, se razors and 100's of blades??
They will never stop re-formulating and introducing new and different products, the question is when will we Stop??

Ok, another unnecessary purchase... I just ordered 2 Lea Shave sticks(New Formula). I already have 4 Lea sticks, first one was a present from a friend that went to Spain for holiday and the rest were bought everytime I heard that they changed or going to change the formula. I think the first 3 are same and the latest one I bought last year is again same product but have the latest barber pole design packaging. This latest formula allegedly do not contain tallow and has a different scent, so I will see when I receive it.
If I suddenly die and when people come around to clear the house, what would they say when they see Litres and litres of aftershaves and colognes, tons of shaving soap and cream, over a dozen of shaving brush and lots of de razors, straight razors, se razors and 100's of blades??
They will never stop re-formulating and introducing new and different products, the question is when will we Stop??
Have you got the lea shave cream yet? Lol.

Have you got the lea shave cream yet? Lol.
Yes of course :) Which one? Classic? Sensitive? Menthol? Regular? Barber size? I am not into artisan products but I like collecting and using these budget, everyday products. I think Lea makes good products, all these soaps and creams I used so far are great performers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom