What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two copper shaving bowls (I have used the more fragile Turkish ones but found someone in the US who makes them by hand and was willing to send to Belgium)

E5g1VkS.png

YqTDQPR.png

A 1959 cased w/shipper Gold Flare Tip Rocket. This will be number five in my Rocket Flair Tip collection. I have the regular tip, Blue tip, Red tip, a full rhodium (from Deluxe Travel Set) and now this one. The only one left out there that I'm missing
(I believe) is the Rocket TV Special - partial rhodium. I've only ever seen one of these TV razors so lady luck will have to shine on me. But overall hey, no complaints. I'm happy (and fortunate) to have the found these five.

Was waiting for a bargain proprietary best badger brush ivory and proprietary slant bar DE razors matt black from Manly Stuff. Arrived today so tried a shave with the brush and slant bar DE razor (proprietary from Manly Stuff) with a Derby blade and Razormaster Pekka shaving soap.
Brush: clumps badly when wet, doesn't fluff out when water is shaken out of it (like my Omega Badger Hair brush does). Clumps excessively when loaded with shaving soap and flattens out badly when lathering the face until you're almost lathering with the top of the handle at the base of the brush hairs. Doesn't hold lather well at all. Very much like a bad boar bristle brush than a badger hair brush. I chanced upon this website and decided to try the proprietary brand to see how good it was before investing more money in a more pricey brush but am very disappointed. Have an Executive Shaving badger hair travel brush and even for a slim brush it is a much much better performer. Razor: Usually use a Merkur 37C slant bar (amongst 4 other DEs). Tried their proprietary slant bar and not a bad weight, quite a smooth screw action, smooth edges with no obvious imperfections and uneveness. However diameter of the pole on the top piece is too big for the centre hole in the DE blade and the blade has to be pushed down before screwing the top piece into the handle. I tried a Derby, SuperMax platinum and Treet stainless steel and all had to be pushed down the pole making it a cut hazard.

This package from Wolfman might be breaking some sad, new record:

Shipped on Nov 7th and just made it to Chicago. Expected to be delivered on Dec 10 over a month after it was shipped and it didn't even have to cross an ocean.
faou3t.jpg
My Wolfman stand transited through Chicago on Dec 7 and I still haven't received it either. I know Chicago Sorting Center had a rash of postal thefts last year (mainly Apple products). Hopefully we get them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom