What are you listening to?

I always put this whole album on when I need to really relax. Contemplations of the timelessness of nature.
It often sends me to sleep (in fact I slept through some of this just now, woke up and thought I'd mention it).
The soundtrack to the film of the same name.

On a similar theme of things been uncool and unfashionable... I used to live in an old Victorian house, a shared building, one Saturday night me and me mate who shared the house, couldn't afford to go out as we were on the dole. TV it was, pre internet, four channels on the telly...we had some cans and a lump of cannabis resin, a night in and Parkinson was on , Barry Manilow the guest, we groaned...naffness and all that... He seemed a really sorted bloke when he was getting interviewed and he walked to the piano...it was an epiphany... It absolutely blew my socks off and I've been a fan ever since. I was fortunate enough to see him in concert about five years ago and was one of the best things I've ever seen... Sorry, I'm drunk and rambling lol... Just to trying to say don't get caught up in cool , you may miss some beauty...

I know where you're coming from mate. I used to hate the stuff my mom and dad used to like and play, but I think as you get older you begin to
appreciate the 'proper' artists, those that can actually write, sing and play their own stuff. I've been to loads of gigs over the years and some of the
best ones happened to be from those you might call a bit naff. The Proclaimers spring to mind, they were really good on the smaller stages.
Anyway, a stomping rendition there from young Barry. Class!

Back
Top Bottom