What are you listening to?

@Satanfriendly - I thought this might interest you and others of a certain age around these parts. An hour interview with the daughter of Marion Elliot-Said - better known as Poly Styrene of the seminal X-Ray Spex. Ground breaking in her day, she didn't have her sorrows to seek and I hadn't realised she died so tragically young. Worth a listen. It can't have been easy being her daughter. - I.

@Satanfriendly - I thought this might interest you and others of a certain age around these parts. An hour interview with the daughter of Marion Elliot-Said - better known as Poly Styrene of the seminal X-Ray Spex. Ground breaking in her day, she didn't have her sorrows to seek and I hadn't realised she died so tragically young. Worth a listen. It can't have been easy being her daughter. - I.

Definitely worth an hour of any music fan's time - and this film's equally worthy :love:

@Digimonkey thanks for the reminder of a truly great person and a great band at the time. I do remember her sad passing as it was on the BBC at the time. If I remember Lora Logic the original saxophonist quit because she was taking her A-Levels. The Spex were up there setting the standards and making waves for the other female fronted punk bands and artists of the time and those around the corner. Lena Lovich, Bow Wow Wow, the Slits to name a few.

We owe them a lot

Back
Top Bottom