What are you listening to?

kb1u0m.jpg

Hi Blackmass would you say Meat is Murder is your fav Smiths album,I know daft question eh? Brilliant album although mines would be The Queen is Dead

Mmmmmm well it's a tough one. I love them both.
I got into The Smiths in late 1985 so between the release of the two albums. TQID has a special place in my heart. I was there for the build up before release, hearing tracks on the John Peel show (God bless him). I was also very fortunate to see them live at Wolverhampton Civic Hall.

To this day the memory of that night is still very vivid.
I remember when they arrived on stage to the soundtrack of Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet with a wave of flowers cascading on to the stage. Morrissey bellowing "HELLO!" with the placard ' The Queen Is Dead in one hand.
Everyone screaming and crying (mainly the men TBH). The wailing feedback of the intro of the title track and the drums kicking in.....I remember thinking "this must of why it was like seeing The Beatles". I knew I was exactly where I was supposed to be and this right now, was the centre of the universe.........

And I'm back in the room. I lost myself for a moment back there.

As for picking a favorite? They have wonderful songs on both, so it's impossible to choose.
"Well I Wonder" has a very special place in my Heart though.

What I will say. If you haven't heard Johnny's first album 'The Messenger', it's a must listen. Every track is a winner.
Have a good weekend.
Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom