What are you drinking tonight.

A bottle of co-op honey ale. A bit brighter than what I usually like, but very refreshing after a 12-mile walk in the sun

fairtrade-bumble.jpg

Tall_Paul said:
tonyspurs said:
My son lives in Sheffield and bought down 2 cases of Jaipur IPA from the Thornbridge Brewery been drinking it in the garden lovely stuff!

Thornbridge do some lovely beers. I can thoroughly recommend Kelham Island Brewery too.

I had a case of Pride of Sheffield at Christmas very nice it was too:icon_razz:

Just a heads up if anyone is interested Thornbridge Brewery are doing free shipping until 11th May I just ordered another case of Jaipur and one case of Kipling mmmmm beer

http://www.thornbridgebrewery.com/beers.php

Re: RE: What are you drinking tonight.

Ned Lud said:
Imperial Licorice Stout, 7.2% ABV - Black as night, beautiful creamy head, smoother than the smoothest smooth thing in smooth-thing land. Had a 1 litre bottle at lunch time and was away-with-the-fairies for a while. Home-brewed in my garage with malted barley, Challenger hops, yeast, water, calcium carbonate and pure licorice extract. Only 24 litres left to go :icon_razz:

John

what will you do next month?

I had a pint of 5bells the other night, anywhere stock it?

I got told of about a brewery near me but have no idea where it is (cant remeber name)

Typical lazy Sunday afternoon on a council (pit workers') estate.

8 pints of 'cooking lager' with missus, brother and his bird with al fresco disco playing Northern Soul and Ska.

Back home for a quick bite to eat, then back out with my mad Irish Grandad and another 6 ish pints.

Samuel Adams Boston Lager ... an awesome beer from one of the best Cities on the planet imo!!

Just meandered back from the local Wetherspoons. They have 355 ml cans from the Sixpoint brewery in New York City for £2 a pop. Uncommonly good. I had one called 'Sweet Action' which was huge lychees and nectarines . Well worth a tug if you like that sort of thing. Looking forward to trying the other two soon..

^ Yes, courageous guy. I'd forgotten he became president too. Just had a look on wiki about Solidarity

is a Polish trade union federation that emerged on 31 August 1980 at the Gdańsk Shipyard under the leadership of Lech Wałęsa. It was the first non-Communist Party-controlled trade union in a Warsaw Pact country. Solidarity reached 9.5 million members before its September 1981 Congress (up to 10 million)[1][2] that constituted one third of the total working age population of Poland.[3] In its clandestine years, the United States provided significant financial support for Solidarity, estimated to be as much as 50 million US dollars.

Hadn't realised the U.S. had their thumbs in that particular pie.

Yes, a tasty beer. Just realised the Perla is 6%, which helps explain my headache this morning... :blush:

Back
Top Bottom