What am I doing wrong

I have similar issues and eventually sussed after a spot of face mapping that shaving diagonally over the offending patches works very well

Unfortunately most blades available on the UK High St are not much better than what you have. I would order either a selection pack and experiment further (there are usually a number advertised on here) or buy a safe bet such as Polsilver SI or Astras from Gemstone Trading. Their prices are decent and they ship pretty quickly
I have some Astra blades I will have a try with one in the next few days

I have an area on my left chin that I have weepers every time I shave even with cartridge razors same spots every time.
No bumps or spots or anything it's just an area of really course hair but is quite sore for 2 days after every shave
I have an area on my left chin that I have weepers every time I shave even with cartridge razors same spots every time.
No bumps or spots or anything it's just an area of really course hair but is quite sore for 2 days after every shave
Hi mate. Try wetting/batheing your face with medium to hot water for about a minute and try using a pre shave oil (If you havent already) This will really help protect your skin aswell as help the blade glide across your skin for smoother strokes. If the bristles are coarse like you say, work the oil in for a good minute or so. Hope this helps :)

Proper prep which for me translates to a shower and the use of a pre-shave oil before I begin building my lather is important. The next element would be good lather, use plenty of product and keep testing the lather between your fingers to gauge slickness. Once you get a hang of this, you won't need to touch it anymore. Short strokes, never over exposed skin and absolutely no pressure (just enough to keep razor skipping over skin). Oh, and a sharp blade if you find the blade is tugging on your beard. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom