Wet Shaving Products Rustic Shaving Soap

Someone brought back a travel tin of this for me, here are my thoughts after the usual routine:

The founder of WSP states that “I set out to make the easiest lathering, longest lasting, and slickest shave soap. Then I found out that Martin de Candre had already done that, so I set out to one up them.” — now (that's) a bold aim!

Has he achieved it? Well, based on my experience, I'd give WSP the edge. It's certainly easy to lather, producing plenty of suds with little effort. I did have a few cases where I had to work it though.

It's got a great scent, definitely one up on MdC. Although called tobacco it's apparently blended with bay leaf. To my nose it's more of a cologne-like scent, the bay overpowering any hint of tobacco. It's strong enough to stay with you through the shave too.

Slickness was generally pretty good, but with the odd occasion where it didn't live up to expectations.

Aside from one slip, I had nothing less than a good shave with it, but equally only had one instance of a great shave. Post shave feel was good too, though I found I was left a little dry at times.

Price-wise it obviously destroys MdC. So definitely worth a go. The only negative is it's not the easiest to get hold of outside the US.

Full review here.

Back
Top Bottom