Wet Shaving Products Ol' Kentucky Formula T Shaving Soap

The first of 2017, another from WSP:

The review process on this got a little out of whack due to Christmas, but I ran through my usual five shaves.

Named after the famous Ford car, the Formula T range differs from the vegan Rustic range due to added tallow, which also explains the name. I was impressed with their other offering so expected good things.

As with my previous experience, the fragrance got a big tick. Although a much subtler scent (the top note is apparently bourbon, but to me it smells more of vanilla), it was strong enough to stay with me throughout each shave, despite using only a small amount extracted from this travel-/sample-size tin.

The lack of any great quantity may explain the performance, as this formula seems a bit tougher to lather and slickness swung from excellent to poor. Protection likewise.

When it was good it was very good though, offering solid post shave feel and fine results. It's pretty good value too, amplified for those living in the US.

So not quite as good as the vegan formula for me, which goes against most people's views that tallow soaps are better, but there we are.

Full review here.

Back
Top Bottom