Welsh Slate Tri-hone?

Escher was a Brand Name Thuri..Top of the Range..The Most Expensive..This is a Yellow/Green One..The Most Expensive One Catalogued Back in the Day..Some Say..Maybe 12 K to 14 K or Slightly Higher Depending on the Individual Stone..The Arkie is a Different Animal with a 20 K Capacity No Problem..This One is a Very Light Greenish Grey with a Hint of Yellow Shadow through it..o_O

Billy
Shall I consider buying the surgical Black Arkansas? do you mind giving the price and the vendor information?

DSC_0654_zpssa603vcc.jpg

My Surgical Black Arkansans Stone from Dan's USA..:)

Billy

DSC_0677_zpsuvcttfz5.jpg

I Honed this Solingen 5/8th On a Naniwa Super Stone Progression...1 K, 3 K, 5 K, 8 K, 12 K & Used My Newly Acquired Escher Thuri as My Finishing Hone..10 Sets on Chro/Ox & 100 On Leather..:oops:

I Can See Why this Stone Was Popular Back in the Day with Barbers & Pros..Its as Fool Proof as a Naniwa 12 K Super Stone..Simple Simon..It Picked Up & Ran with the Naniwa 12 K Edge Very Well..I Would Guess this Escher Sits Somewhere Between 12 K & 14 K..I Found it Fool Proof to Use & I Done about 100 Sets..The Last Sets were Done Under Running Tap Water to Keep it Slurry Free..o_O

I Raised No Slurry with this Stone as it Naturally Produces it..I Rinsed the Blade Around Every 10 Strokes & Rinsed the Stone Around Every 20 Stokes or So to Ensure No Slurry Build Up..This Escher is Very Light in Colour & Clearly Shows when there was Even a Hint of a Light Milky Slurry..:rolleyes:

The Solingen was Popping Hanging Hairs Straight Off the Escher without Stropping it..I Test Shaved it One Side of My Face & its Very Smooth & Forgiving..This Wee Solingen Took a Very Keen Edge..I Would Relate the Escher to a Diesel Engine & a Synthetic Edge to a Petrol Engine..The Former has Torque Power & the Latter Brake Horsepower ..To Me the Arkie has Both & has a Balance of Torque & Brake Horsepower..;)

The Escher Sure Produces the Most Forgiving Edge..In Fact..It Feels as if it Wouldn't Cut or Nick Even with Some Reckless Abandon..In Sum..I Found this Escher Thuri "Monkey Proof" to Use & it Produces a Very Keen & Mega Comfortable Edge..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom