Weber - DLC or ARC?

Having noticed a lot of praise for both variants of the Weber I'm rather tempted to get 1 when they are next available. I've also noticed some, like me, are wondering which to get, and seen the odd comment that the ARC, perhaps, shaves a little slicker. Anyone who's tried both care to comment if there's a discernible difference in shave quality?

Thanks

I'd be amazed if anyone could show a real world benefit for one over the other whatever the technical specs suggest. I scientifically chose the DLC based on it being in stock and it's great.

Thanks for the comments folks. It seems they're both great from the feedback. How aggressive would you rate the shave, not so much in terms of comfort, as they seem to have that well and truly nailed, more in terms of efficiency of the shave?

shavecraft said:
Thanks for the comments folks. It seems they're both great from the feedback. How aggressive would you rate the shave, not so much in terms of comfort, as they seem to have that well and truly nailed, more in terms of efficiency of the shave?

How agressive? Well, on a scale from 0 to 10 - probably 0.52 :) Efficiency - on a short stubble 10, on a long - 8, you can't beat the slant sometimes..

I received my Weber ARC today, so thought I'd add my findings. I haven't got the DLC as they aren't available, yet!!

The razor looks and feels fantastic, it is quite heavy, actually a bit heavier than I expected.

Strangely for me there was 2 days growth to deal with today, which would normally mean me cranking the Merkur Futur up to 4 to clear the worst off in the first pass, but I thought I'd have a go with the Weber ARC anyway.

I loaded the razor up with a Gillette Super Thin, my blade of choice, and set to work.

The first pass was smooth WTG, but not as close as I would have got with the Merkur, the second pass XTG was just as effortless and removed just about everything that was left. The final ATG pass gave me an excellent BBS finish, which is something I can usually only achieve with an adjustable.

I'm very impressed after the first shave, so I'll be leaving it in the bathroom for now for regular use until I fancy a shave.

I would say it is a fairly aggressive razor, probably equivalent to about number 6 on a Fatboy or Slim Adjustable, but very gentle also. It certainly did a great job of removing my beard efficiently, but didn't leave my face feeling like I'd had a fight with a cheese grater.

Good write up LtB.

I keep looking for the DLC becoming available.

It'll be interesting to compare them both.

Might get and arc head just in case.

Read with interest LtB. Think I'm gonner have to get me 1 of these. I managed to miss out this time by not ordering 1 immediately they became available. Yep, that was quite a stampede.

Back
Top Bottom