Weber bulldog and classic handles

Just curious, seeing that there is a bit of a buzz about the Weber DLC at the moment. Had a quick look at the website and wondered if there is any accepted wisdom in a comparison of the two handles.
I know one is basically shorter and fatter (and the other longer and thinner). Does either particularly suit sausage-like fingers, terminal cack-handedness or whatever... or is the difference so small that it's just a matter of what you like the look of.
Be nice to have some ideas in case I look one day and they have some in stock.. and I might make a spare of the moment impulse buy.
No rush... got to get through a fortnight's holiday in Portugal first.... woohoo!

Just for the record, I use an EJ DE89 (with the shiny smooth handle) and haven't experienced any problem with handling at all (despite my shaky hands). In fact... got a perfect BBS this morning with no razor burn at all (and using Derby blades)... so I don't really need a new razor at all (heh! heh!)

I'm scratching my head with the same question. As it's a three piece razor, I suppose one answer is to buy both. Another solution could lie with a third party handle; i.e. a UFO offering!

The title of my thread may have been a bit misleading as I was thinking about buying the DLC razor (with one of the handles attached)
However... from looking at the website it did occur to me that you could buy a complete razor, plus the other handle. You could then use either handle and even put one of the handles on a DE 89 head... I presume.

WiffWaff said:
The title of my thread may have been a bit misleading as I was thinking about buying the DLC razor (with one of the handles attached)
However... from looking at the website it did occur to me that you could buy a complete razor, plus the other handle. You could then use either handle and even put one of the handles on a DE 89 head... I presume.

A man after my own heart :icon_smile:

Weight, heft and feel are very different for each handle.

Of course you could put an 89 head onto a Weber handle IF you can remember what you last did with your 89 after you started Weber shaving.

Back
Top Bottom