waxed leather boot care

This is what I've been doing with mine: rub in with a cloth the occasional coat of Chelsea Leather Food then leave overnight and buff off. After that, a few coats of Grainger's G-Wax with plenty of drying time in between and no buffing off keeps 'em waterproof. G-Wax can be buffed to a moderate shine so do this as the fancy takes you. Top up with G-Wax as necessary but don't overdo it as the leather needs to breathe. Both British-made products as well. However, should you desire a gloss shine then Saphir Pate de Luxe in the appropriate shade is ideal.

Hope this helps, Chris...:)

I have pairs of Crocket and Jones and Loakes in waxed nubuck and waxed leather. You can buy a cream specially for waxed leather or as I do, just put a very light coating of dubbin on them when needed. Incidentally, Loake's waxy leather protector is just dubbin.

Waxed leather shouldn't need much upkeep though. I'd first try buffing the leather with a cloth to get the impregnated oils to the surface in the first instance. You shouldn't use ordinary wax polish on waxed leather either. It will create its own natural patina over time.

isaiah53 said:
Steve27752 said:
Why not ask William lennon?

i did, they never replied :)

I've emailed Libs in the past, who's always got back very quickly.

Anyway, I don't have any WL waxed leather, but do from other makes. I find the Timberland waxed leather balsam works well (not just for Timberland boots).

Keep the f*** away from the Nicwax stuff for waxed leather. I used it on my waxed Timberlands and it looked horrible. In the end I had to strip them completely back using Sapphir Renomat and re-treat them.

Back
Top Bottom