Watches

How many watches do you have? I've got two G shocks(one is a riseman) which are for everyday use,they're the dogs,tried to destroy one by putting it through a series of tests and it still works,also got a swatch which was given to me by my dad for my 14th birthday,I only wear it with a suit on special occasions

I've got five. Two are currently out of action though and need to be repaired. My most recent is the vintage Enicar one pictured here.

I've one like this Russian Raketa but without the world time bezel on a tan strap. Unfortunately I jumped in the pool without realising I was wearing it on honeymoon and whilst drying it the face came off so needs replaced and probably serviced.
images

I picked this Swatch up whilst we were away so I wasn't without a watch.
GN716%20Time%20in%20Blue.jpg

I also have this Skagen, but one of the number indicators has come loose, so that needs to be sorted.
images

Also, my wife bought me this DKNY watch probably about 8 years ago, it's a bit big for my tastes so doesn't get worn too often these days.
images

i have four:

A christopher Ward C4 RAF benson special edition:
167572_10150370797865594_574820593_16668736_7520693_n.jpg

A Christopher ward C5 Aviator Special edition (only 1936 ever made)
aviator.jpg

A Christopher Ward C6 Divers watch
4893877099_760db582de_z.jpg

and a random japanese automatic watch with a christopher ward C4 strap on it:
ke7573141000001xs2.jpg

Must... resist.... reading....
I give up :lol:
I have a few watches that I inherited from my Dad a few years ago, most of which are Seikos, some modern, some older.

Watches are a quiet passion of mine but not one I actively spend money on at the moment!

Can't wait to see all the purty watches that will appear on this post.... :hungrig

Whisp

well prestige wise, it was the first watch to be used on the moon!

mechanically, its a rather nice movement, hand wound chronograph, with sub dials for seconds, minutes and hours. Just a very nicely made, finished and well put together watch:

DSC03967.jpg

DSC03971.jpg

Four. The old Eloga pictured in a recent thread; a Lorus quartz with one of those Lumibrite dials which look so stupid in the cinema; a Seiko automatic with a black military style face, and a £10 Sekonda dress watch I bought for a funeral when I only had the glow in the dark one. The Seiko is the one which I generally wear.

A few, but they're all in the safe deposit box I have at the local branch of my bank. Too risky to have them laying around under the circumstances.
Two Rolexes (GMT II 1995 and Sea-Dweller DeepSea), one Breitling, one Baume & Mercier.

Only one with me now, the Jap who's off to bed every night (goes in hibernation mode) - Casio Protrek PRW-1100 BJ.

I also had one stolen in Budapest (being very very silly), it was a Victorinox that I had got in Hong Kong a year back for HK$11k.

Would love to get a Breguet next or a Patek. The Cartier ones look nice but as the company has just started to make their own mechanisms, there's no rush to get one.

Watches, watches, watches...........

L/R: Next. a for visiting shitty countries watch, Next. a present, Seiko 5 Series Automatic.
dsc00734w.jpg

L/R: Breil. Nice watch, but makes my wrist look Biafran, DKNY. nice simple watch - good in a suit ;)
dsc00735g.jpg

L/R: Omega Seamaster Deville Automatic 562 Movement - for you spotters ;) , Rotary. Gold Pocket Watch - 40th pressie from the old folks :)
dsc00737sy.jpg

My favourite? Silly question. The Omega - I love that watch more than my right leg. Not only does it look good, it tells the time and the date and makes me feel daily a level of self smugness, usually reserved for Tony Blair. :D :D :D

Am I still looking? Oh yes, want a Military watch - but will probably be bought new as cheaper than decent vintage - wot, no staff discount? :|

moodymick said:
Watches, watches, watches...........

L/R: Next. a for visiting shitty countries watch, Next. a present, Seiko 5 Series Automatic.
dsc00734w.jpg

L/R: Breil. Nice watch, but makes my wrist look Biafran, DKNY. nice simple watch - good in a suit ;)
dsc00735g.jpg

L/R: Omega Seamaster Deville Automatic 562 Movement - for you spotters ;) , Rotary. Gold Pocket Watch - 40th pressie from the old folks :)
dsc00737sy.jpg

My favourite? Silly question. The Omega - I love that watch more than my right leg. Not only does it look good, it tells the time and the date and makes me feel daily a level of self smugness, usually reserved for Tony Blair. :D :D :D

Am I still looking? Oh yes, want a Military watch - but will probably be bought new as cheaper than decent vintage - wot, no staff discount? :|

Snap on the Omega Seamaster 1964 year of manufacture,bought off Ebay £170 used all the time. No pun intended, lovely watch.

Here's my favourite - alas it's away being adjusted, so these pics must suffice for me as well as for thee:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ninanet.net/watches/others10/Mediums/msmiths.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ninanet.net/watches/others10 ... miths.html</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.antiquewatchcouk.com/petespages/http-//www-antiquewatchcouk-com/petespages/omega/cat-49-html/prod_46.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.antiquewatchcouk.com/petespa ... od_46.html</a><!-- m -->

Having said that I also love Omegas, and have had two a "Bond" Seamaster and a 265 calibre from 1949. I miss them but I needed the money and did well out of them, so . . . .

I'd get another vintage Omega if I had the money. I will, too, one day.

Back
Top Bottom