Wanted, recommendations for a starter.

Hi guys, i'd like to ask for some recommendations on soaps please.
I've mainly used canned, so in my new learning curve i'm looking expand.

I'm thinking something aromatic and sweet, like coconut or almond.
I'm curious as to what Bay Rum Soap is like though.

If anyone know where i can get a mixed tester pack i'd appreciate a link thank you.

Traditional Italian soft soaps like Cella, Vito's or Valobra are almond-scented. Buy yourself a bargain boar, like the Semogue 1350 or Omega 49, and you'll be happy as anything. After all, one brush just isn't enough. ;)

Try any of the 3t's. Soaps or creams... Face or bowl.

3t's. T.O B.S Taylors of Bond Street, Truefitt & Hill & Geo F Trumpers. You can also try D R Harris.

Charles U.K

I know you said soaps but I must recommend Ingram shaving cream. Been going since 1932 and made in the UK. My favourite too!

Ingram-Quality-Lather-Shave-1616.jpg

Easy to lather, very protective and marvellous menthol refreshing feeling. Around £1.75 in most Superdrug stores. Also available in many independent local chemists.

I'd recommend creams to a new member who comes from a background of goo from a can, as they are usually a bit less finicky to lather due to not having to load the brush as you do from a soap puck. Given that you say you fancy something with coconut, the obvious choice is Trumpers Coconut Oil cream. It isn't a strong scent, more like freshly-grated coconut than an intense aroma, but it's a superb cream, albeit not the cheapest. My usual suggestion is my equivalent of Gairdner's Ingram suggestion, which is the Palmolive classic. Cheap, inoffensive scent which I actually love, though most find it dull, and it lathers ridiculously easily even with my very hard water.

Thanks guys, I might go with the Ingram shaving cream that Gairdner suggested.
I saw a nice one from Vitos that I might try later on.

The Ingram's is ok, but you can't beat th real thing. Eh Graeme?

Graeme was lucky enough, as a valued customer and head poobar of lodge Ingram 1932 (Borders) to receive shares in the recent Ingram's flotation.

For every £1.72 you spend, Graeme receives 72p......

It is damn good stuff mind, and a superb price (I bough 6 tubes last Saturday)

Proraso Green tub
Valobra Menthol soap bar
Cella

all Italian softish soaps and all excellent to get you going. Get an Omega Pro 48 or 49 to complete the full Italian treatment.

These were my staples when I first started. All are excellent and have good post shave feel leaving the skin nice and soft.

Back
Top Bottom