Wallets

Quick aside:

those cheapo leather coin pockets shaped like a capital 'D' perfectly fit a Travel Tech and pack of blades.

Have gifted one (replete with travel tech and blades) to a friend for Christmas who does a lot of travelling. Huge success.

As I age I think that a chain on a wallet is a good thing. May just be easier than remembering what coat or pants I have it in!!

Got an Aspinall billfold with coin purse. Useful for coins for meters & automatic blue train tickets from machine. Also fits well into the type of jerkins I tend to wear.
Anad aren't you a wee sickener K !!! How can you be so well organised, wish I was more like that.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

This looks like a nice wallet Tony, with a little coin pocket by the looks of things.
http://www.heinnie.com/Oakley/Wallets/Oakley-Square-O-Perforated-Wallet/p-865-923-6954/

Jamie.

A small Saddleback Leather wallet for me. Holds a few cards, driving license and notes. Loose change in my pocket.

IMAG0105-1.jpg

I'm with K on this one. I have a (cheap, from the market) leather D-shaped shovel purse for coins, and a (handsome, gift from a Chinese student) Prada wallet for notes and cards. I don't like having coins loose, and I find a single wallet too bulky.

If we still had pound notes, I would not carry coins, they'd all be tips or in the charity boxes. Can't afford to round up to the next fiver every time though...

That Cartier coin purse is lovely, K.

I had a trifold for about 20 years, loved it but it was tatty so I got a new one for Christmas. This one is bifold, no coin pocket. It is a nice design by Fossil. I found it strange carrying a different wallet around but I am getting used to it now.

I hate to say it, but.....If it has a "Coin pocket" or anything resembling one then its not a wallet its a PURSE.

In fact for "coin pocket" read "tampon pouch".

lol.

Edit: Ah - ffs. didnt see Peg20 got there before me. Bastard :p

Apart from coin jars, I'm mystified as to where you're all putting your coins. Trouser pockets? I've currently got a purse with a zipped part with two pockets for coins (presumably so that the more OCD person could 'file' their coins). And a part where you open it up and can put cards in the front of that and notes in the back. Works fine in a handbag, but I can see it would be too bulky in trousers/jeans.
But I mainly use the card, or the money in the front pockets of my jeans. Bags are easily snatched, but if muggers get into the front pockets of my jeans, I've probably got more important things to worry about.
So yes, I'm the neurotic one with the big lumps in the front pockets of the jeans.
Sorry Konstantinos......:icon_redface:

I never put coins in my wallet (which does have a coin section), I simply have them in my trouser pockets.

I do have a friend who since being a student carries coins in a plastic coin bag you would get from the banks. He is nearly 39 and I'm sure he still does this, so I am sorely tempted to get him one of those Kangaroo scrotum coin bags.

I carry coins in my pocket, a coin bag still has to be carried somehow probably in the pocket, it just adds to the bulk IMHO, the only advantage I can see is if your trouser / jean pockets are full of holes, in which case save all those coins in a jar and buy a new pair!

Back
Top Bottom