Vuvuzelas are here!

I don't believe it. Just settled down to watch a bit of cricket - 20/20 AussiesV Pakistan at Edgebaston. And what do I hear? Those bloody vuvuzelas greeting each piece of action.

Surely not! Won't someone do something about this menace? It's just not cricket chaps. Where next? Snooker?

Fido said:
I'll take two of my biggest handbells to Fratton Park and drown out the lot of 'em.

Don't do it - you already have one nutter doing that and he isn't as 'jolly' as he appears on the telly, in fact I'm surprised he doesn't clang when he walks.

I'd never heard of this eccentric fellow until now. I found this short film about him that is very good, even for a non-football fan like me:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31KuuC3MFRs[/youtube]

Everyone just has to watch this the whole way through!

Thank you so much for finding this. It really does capture the spirit of an enthusiast. What is an eccentric? - here is at least one true example. And I bet he wouldn't swop with anyone.
I just loved the phone call at the end.

I spent a rather unpleasant couple of hours in his company in a hotel bar just outside Marseilles.

Might have been the drink, but first impressions and all that.

Fido said:
I don't believe it. Just settled down to watch a bit of cricket - 20/20 AussiesV Pakistan at Edgebaston. And what do I hear? Those bloody vuvuzelas greeting each piece of action.

Surely not! Won't someone do something about this menace? It's just not cricket chaps. Where next? Snooker?

Phew! England v Bangladesh and not a vuvuzela to be heard. Nor at Le Tour - yet?

Back
Top Bottom