Vitos After Shaving Splash

I had my eye on the Tobacco scented version, but someone likened the post-application face feel to Myrsol ... so that rather killed it for me. I really don't like any kind of tacky feel from aftershaves. Fingers crossed it'll be good for you. If it transpires that person was wildly wrong (and, say, it's dry and powdery like Pinaud), I'd be interested to know.

I’ve always quite liked Myrsol…..

Fair do-es, I kinda liked Metisol ... or was it Antesol? Plastic Shave was (ironically) one I could happily use. I say ironically, as the "plastic" description was supposed to be how your face felt upon application. Nah! The residue didn't suit me. I like dry ... and powdery. Clubman, or vintage splashes.

Intrigued to hear about this Vitos, though from a fellow that I think enjoys similar to me.

I don’t think they do, they keep emailing me but I checked with them and they haven’t set up the correct paperwork to supply the U.K. again but plan to do so in the near future.
I still puzzle over this ...

The UK Government have no mandate to collect VAT outside of the UK and no ability to enforce foreign sellers not doing so. Really? What are HMRC going to do? Send a strongly worded letter. Oooh! On the flip of that, by their own rules so long as the purchase is under £135 then no VAT will be collected from the buyer. Gifts have a lower threshold and so alas, with a name like "Gifts & Care" there might be some confusion.

... but yes, it'll be good to be able to buy from Gifts & Care again.

Yeah, HMRC will focus on the "Gifts" bit. I would contend that these are articles necessary for personal care and therefore, in my dreams, should be zero rated as essential medical supplies! Fat chance! They made a fuss over Jaffa cakes (but lost, for once!)

However, jokes aside, isn't the paperwork more along the lines of "responsible person" and "certified OK for use" rather than vat?

I had my eye on the Tobacco scented version, but someone likened the post-application face feel to Myrsol ... so that rather killed it for me. I really don't like any kind of tacky feel from aftershaves. Fingers crossed it'll be good for you. If it transpires that person was wildly wrong (and, say, it's dry and powdery like Pinaud), I'd be interested to know.
There's no tacky feel post application, Paul.
For me, it's much like Proraso with a moderate scent strength.
@Digimonkey put me on to it with a 100ml sample some time ago. . . . I don't think a 6' 4" Glasweigan would walk around with a 'tacky' face !!

Back
Top Bottom