Vintage Wilkinson Blades

551199_10150886961287838_667022837_9821838_374202271_n.jpg

Sorry for the delay - these ones are the only different ones that I have to those posted already - they came in the plastic 30 blade dispenser....

Hey Jamies,

I've got some of the blades on the right, boxed are dated 1983 and 1987, still haven't found the model though, they are so similar it would have to be an educated guess:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-19751.html

Have been on a bit of mission to find out more details about UK Wilkies. It's hard. There are so many different packages which generally contain identically wrapped blades that it's impossible to determine if they were actually manufactured differently. I can't imagine that Wilkinson Sword would have completely retooled every time their advertising department decided to change the name or outer wrapping to unveil the latest Super Sword, Super Sword Edge, Light Brigade, Wilkinson Sword Classic and all the endless variations that are out there. I've got a 200 blade (1980s) box identical to the ones mentioned above (can't post links) and what appear to be earlier (1960s) ones from an Australian ebayer (can't post a picture yet either) and I've got some Super Sword Edge arriving soon. Would like to get hold of a Light Brigade or two just to see what the deal is there. Anyhow, a long way to go. By the way, those 1980s Wilkies in the 200 blade box are superb blades so if my quest stops there I'm more than happy.

Back
Top Bottom