Vintage 7 O'Clock Razor

I have recently picked up a vintage 7 O'Clock safety razor for £5 at a car book sale. Could anyone shed a little light on how these razors perform as there is very little information on the net. And yes, the pack of razors is in its original cellophane.

Does anyone also have an idea on value, not that I want to sell of-course, just curious.
[attachment=7718][attachment=7722][attachment=7721][attachment=7720][attachment=7719]

Attachments

• 1DSC_0001.jpg
    1DSC_0001.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 2DSC_0002.jpg
    2DSC_0002.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 3DSC_0003.jpg
    3DSC_0003.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 6DSC_0006.jpg
    6DSC_0006.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 8DSC_0008.jpg
    8DSC_0008.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 103
NorfolkDick is the man for advice here but if the original blade has a spine on it then the modern Gem blade will probably fit. The only way to establish just how they shave is to try it out - I would guess it will lean towards slightly aggressive but some of these old SE razors are great for a change of pace.

You can get DE blades from Connaught.

Greetings

I have only ever seen photo's of two, one on stropper.com and the other is yours! here is the link

http://www.stropper.com/home/stropp...&select2=&select3=&select4=&select5=&select6=

They are obviously very rare but i doubt they are worth much.

The main question ie whether any available blade will fit (with or without modification) I just cannot answer, you will just have to play around with a GEM and Feather SE and try to 'scheme' something, some of these quirky old razors took proprietary blades

Its still a nice find, sorry I cannot tell you any more.

Regards
Dick.

Just to update this one as I've pulled the trigger on one myself, this is part of the AutoStrop fold who also produced the Valet razors. It is co-incidental that it bears the same trademark name as a company which was bought by Gillette and subsequently used as a trademark of their own.

Did you have a go with it, Jason?

I think it will take a modern Feather single edge blade.

Back
Top Bottom