Vie Long Mentha Eucalyptus Soap

Does anyone have any experience with this soap?:

I can't find any reviews on it and I'm curious.
I can't answer your question but I'm intrigued too - I think it must be fairly new - if you have a look at Gifts and Care in Spain - the soap is part of a range carrying the same packaging - https://www.giftsandcare.com/en/11_vie-long - they are about a third of the way down - they appear to have an ongoing rebranding exercise - the logo on their current brushes and other products have shifted over to the new style - this is a link to the company trade catalogue - https://www.vielong.com/wp-content/uploads/Catalogo_VIELONG_2019.pdf - I'd have assumed the soap is made by somebody else and branded their own but maybe not - this statement is buried in the official site - translated - 'At Vielong we form strategic alliances with different companies in the industry, manufacturing unique brushes, shaving products and cosmetics for them ' - a fairly ambiguous statement - granted. I'm sure they make Epsilon brushes - the name appears to be a trade mark of El Mirall distributors - which interestingly - are based in Valencia - as are Vie Long - as is Gifts and Care - for that matter. So - if anyone has any feedback on the soap I'd be interested to know what it is like - hopefully better than the Myrsol line - only used it once - but it blew goats from a far distance - cheers - I.

El Mirall is a company that sales shaving stuff for the professional market. Basically a distributer.

It is closely related with Gifts&Care - basically the same company (or an affiliate of some sort) but for the end user market.

Epsilon is only a brand, property of El Mirall - or of the two companies above. Some of their products are made by Vie-Long, some come from other sources.

...but it blew goats from a far distance...

M10w31w.jpg

I tried to find an ingrediants list but couldn't see one on any of the sites.
I'll photograph the ingredients when it arrives and post it here. I have no need for a new soap but, unsurprisingly, I've managed to talk myself in to the need for this one.

It's all in the name of science and to make sure the wet shaving community is well informed! I shall retire to bed a true hero tonight.

I'll photograph the ingredients when it arrives and post it here. I have no need for a new soap but, unsurprisingly, I've managed to talk myself in to the need for this one.

It's all in the name of science and to make sure the wet shaving community is well informed! I shall retire to bed a true hero tonight.
Thank you Chris , you saved us again. Your work here is done :)

So the Vie Long Mentha Eucalyptus soap has arrived. It's a solid cake of soap in a container with some overkill packaging:

IMG_20200516_115407.jpg

The scent is a medium strength mint and eucalyptus which has surprised me - I had assumed by the name it was going to be black grape and sandalwood.

Pleasant nonetheless and I look forward to using it. It appears to be a Veg based soap. Here's the ingredients:

IMG_20200516_115250.jpg

Used this soap for today's shave. It has a pleasant cooling feeling and a mint scent that's just about there during the shave. It was easy to lather and produced enough lather for 3 passes. The slickness is adequate and the residual slickness is probably on par with TOBS. It's an ok soap. Can't see me reaching for it for a while but it could be a nice fresh option on a really hot day when you don't want a strong scent or strong menthol hit. I'm happy that I only paid £6 for it. I don't think it's worth any more than that.

The new T2 brush is just what I was after. A smaller version of the T3. Like its bigger brother it performs well with hard soaps.

IMG_20200517_191201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom