VIDEO How To Disassemble A Gillette Adjustable (Fatboy)

quattrojames said:
Steve, when you get 5 minutes please can you post the re-assembly video.

Thankyou.

Slim.jpg

That is why mine is ok as it is. :D :D :D

man of leisure said:
Does a good job as well. Re plated my Aristocrat Junior........very nice.

Indeed he does, it's on its way there now ;)

This was a Slim I picked up cheap(ish) on ebay, the TTO wasn't working and the plating was very badly worn so I thought I take it apart and see what happened! It's ok though and hopefully Dave can sort it out.

I dont own a Gillette fatboy, but watching that makes me want one, i've always liked taking things apart, the disassemble looks very straight forward, in fact quite simple anyone who could complete a fairly basic airfix model could easily do that. still everything is a mystery till you are shown.

Jamie.

This video may be useful if you have a Fatboy, but for me, it just reinforces my view that adjustable razors are just too complicated a tool for the job.

You can't acheive anything more with an adjustable than you can with a non adjustable, in my humble opinion.

Ian

IanM said:
This video may be useful if you have a Fatboy, but for me, it just reinforces my view that adjustable razors are just too complicated a tool for the job.

You can't acheive anything more with an adjustable than you can with a non adjustable, in my humble opinion.

Ian

I totally agree with you on this Ian, simplicity in design is key to a good razor, it's about the machining and quality of materials, I personally dont like any razor that as a moving setting or adjustable element to it, I see it as someone trying to re-invent the wheel, there's no need for it.

Jamie.

Having used adjustables and non adjustables (of various kinds) it does seem to me that adjustables are a bit of a solution in search of a problem.

I still think the Slim Adjustable gives a fine shave though... :shave

IanM said:

Ian

I thought you're a big fan of the Futur? You must have settled on a setting on it that works for you?

Well, I for one like my Slim! :lol: I see the argument against an adjustable, and, if one of the commonly-available non-adjustable DEs is ideal for you, then there's really no need to bother. For me, after learning DE shaving with a Wilkie Classic and then switching to the 34c, I realised that the Merkur, while great if I have several days' growth, can be a touch aggressive for me. If I'd then bought an EJ 89L, I might never have bothered with an adjustable; however, FB persuaded me that a Slim would be great for me, and he was right.

man of leisure said:
quattrojames said:
Steve, when you get 5 minutes please can you post the re-assembly video.

Thankyou.

Slim.jpg

That is why mine is ok as it is. :D :D :D
Hi!
I have a 1960Gillette Adjustable razor I sow the picture with assembly Gillette could you please help me if you can send a video with assembling and reassemble please!
I will be very thankfulness.

Back
Top Bottom