Valobra Fougere shaving soap

Hi!

After a week of use, I'm going to explain my thoughts about this new italian soap. compared with the well-known stick version. Sorry in advance for my poor english!

- Ingredientes: Sodium Tallowate, Aqua, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera, Lecithin, Parfum, Petrolatum, Zea Mays, Tocopheryl Acetate, C.I. 77891, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral

- Description/price: a 100 gr. puck in a cheap plastic container... for 18/20 euros I found it expensive, considering that you'll get a luxury english soap in a stilysh wooden bowl for the same price.

- Easy of lathering 9/10: really easy to lather, much better than the stick version with any brush I have tested with (boar and badger).

- Slickness 9/10: probably one of the most slickest soap I have ever tried, very good in this sense like the stick version.

- Performance 9/10: you'll get an excellent lather in terms of protection, better than the stick it this sense so it's good against nicks/irritation issues. Postshave is not topnoch (MWF is better in this sense) but good anyway and don't leave you any dry sensation like it happened to me with the stick version.

- Scent 6/10: is you are waiting for a Fern scent like Penhaligon's or Martin de Candre ones... try another soap. I'm really bad describing scents but this particular one is not of my taste to be honest... There's a subtle "old soap" scent like the stick version with a... strange mix of citrus-badsocks-green over it. I don't know how will be Cologne or Patchouly versions but in this case I would prefer the non-scented version over this strange mix.

Conclusion: a really good soap performer who improve the stick version in terms of protection, post-shave and latherability, but expensive considering its cheap container and with a not remarkable scent... your choice!

Cheers!

I am pleased! MdC is indeed a superb scent (well, the original is), plus I have some other creams to go through so I won't be bursting the bank with this one. Thanks for a great review!

Snuff said:
I have received the Patchouly version this week and I agree on the performance, the smell of this version is rather nice.

I've used a couple of versions of this soap and found the Patchouly to be the only one with a scent that was worthy to write home about.

Stellar performance, don't expect the scents to amaze you though.

Back
Top Bottom