Valet VC4?

I think this razor I purchased from the Bay is a Valet VC4 model due to the closed comb safety bar, but inside is the patent No.470443 which relate to the VC3 patent number on the stroprazor info website. Would anyone confirm which model I have, Cheers.
2akcscn.jpg

Greetings

They shave (IMHO) wonderfully, that was the very last model Valet made in Britain before they ceased trading I think it was just before the war, Paul may be able to tell you.

Personally that is my favourite model of the Valets in relation to shave quality.

I hope you like it.

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

They shave (IMHO) wonderfully, that was the very last model Valet made in Britain before they ceased trading I think it was just before the war, Paul may be able to tell you.

Personally that is my favourite model of the Valets in relation to shave quality.

I hope you like it.

Regards
Dick.

Thanks Dick, the razor just needs a light polish with some Peek polish when I get my hands on some, it came in a nifty little red faux leather case including blade holder, never used strop & 5 NOS Valet blades in wrappers. Quite pleased for £10.50 buy!

That is great news! Superb! So glad you enjoyed it.

The open comb variants are similar - the VC3 is much alike, although the VC4 more smooth. Go back to a nice "Model C Set" VC1 and you'll have another gem in your collection. They come in little boxes like this:

DSC05208.JPG

I have a private addiction to these sets ... much as I have a private addiction to Gillette Techs. Shhhh! Don't let on.

Of the Valet VC4 ...

Norfolkdick said:
... that was the very last model Valet made in Britain before they ceased trading I think it was just before the war, Paul may be able to tell you.

1941 through 1946 for this last model, the VC4 with straight comb "runner guard".

Smashing looking set there Paul, Thanks for the info on different models. What strikes me is that the last time the razor was probably used 40-50 years ago! Just can not beat build quality of what was a mass produced item.

Thanks, mate. I think I have a minter about to arrive ... still cellophane sealed.

I am in absolute agreement - the industrial process for these razors is the same today, just the materials were so much more fulfilling back then. Make no mistake, AutoStrop were a big deal both here and in the US. Gillette bought them out ... and removed them from the market.

Back
Top Bottom